Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sharp SV-2412

Santa Fe

Please share your inputs about this particular machine.

There is a lot we all know about the Haas Mini-mill but not much about the Sharp Mini-mill.

Is the Sharp better that the Haas?

How much memory the Sharp comes with?

What about the machines rigidity?

Does the machine actually need a different control to be able to use a 4th axis indexer?

What about the Hurco compared to the two brands above?

Is the Hurco control really a pain?

Is there any other machine brand on the market, with similar dimensions to the Sharp and Haas Mini-mills.

If anybody has any other comments to share, please do so.

Sante fe, its their own controller you can read more about it by hitting home and clicking around. Some of thier machines are Fanuc. My landlord here at the shop has 4 of the RW20 minis which has greater Y travel and the carasel style tool changer, (keeps it out of the chips and faster). He also just bought one of the twin table machines. I have 2 Milltronics machines but not the RW15, but my next machine will be that model. I suggest reading Milltronics "truth in specs" statement and then compare all models.

quote:

not how different is from the other commonly known controllers?

In the past I was told it was a PC based control....need a more computer literate person than me to explain. bonk.gif There use to be a big section on their webpage about the control, BUT they just redid their site..so don't know what all is there at the moment, they just had a price jump, that I know.

We have a new Hurco here. It integrates seamlessly with MasterCam. Have only been using the generic post, but runs everytime. I really like the conversational side for relieving bottlenecks in programming. A tool maker with little or no CNC background will be running in a day or two.

As for the Haas. We have hed two in the past. Both were used for light duty tool room type work. Replaced the spindle twice in one and once in the other. I was not impressed with the machines.

Barry Baker