Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

look ahead parmeter on a fanuc 31i control

kenfromlodi

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Is Fanuc calling/treating this as a bug?

AFAIK, they are not because there is an "easy" solution I just cannot seem to recall what it is... at this moment in time.

You should get in touch with Henry.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

On Toyoda's with 31i's we use M20's in Custom MACRO's... Works like a charm... It's called "Buffer Protect".

>>>>>>>>I DO NOT reccommed using this code in a Robodrill unless first confirmed by reading the Machine's Operation Manual and checking the G and M-Code list. The key word here is "Buffer".

HTH

• 10 years later...
On 11/11/2008 at 12:39 PM, Grumpy Guy said:

Latest update!

We have a brand new Robo Drill on the floor, less than a month old. The macro works perfect in this control. I am going to back up the prams and compare them to the other "newer" 31i machines that are not working to see what is different.

Good day..

I'm having the same macro problem, could you please tell me what caused this problem to happen? 

Dhysta.

• 1 year later...

I am having a similar issue. I use #701 as an update counter for serial number engraving on a part. When I cycle start the tool at the beginning, it engraves only 2 blocks after plunging into the part then the #701 updates waaaay before going to the macro subprogram to do the serial number engraving, the +1 increment for the next part then M99. This was freaking me out until I realized the Matsuura 520 31i has about a 1000 block look ahead buffer. It remembers the original #701=2 an engraves the "2" but before the control ever gets to the subprogram #701 shows 3 on the offset page.

I thought it was going to skip 2 and do a 3. Took about an hour to finally understand it. I thought the macro was written wrong and then thought the control was messed up.

There is an M or G code I saw once upon a time in another macro on the machine. I'll have to look thru all of the macros to find it.
I hope it is commented as such or I'll never find it. I'll try the M20 first though.

If anyone needs this tip, I also remember seeing a parameter (forgot the number) to allow single block execution for macros, block by block (give or take), just like normal positioning moves. I turned this on for the Robodrills a few years ago.

Those M60-M62 are related to pallet changes. M06... y'all know what those are for.

In the empty ones, I'd create a new M-Code program in the library... O9020-O9029 Then find the open corresponding 6080-6089 parameter. 

%

O9020 (FOR EXAMPLE - M900)

G04X.1

M99

%

#6080=900

#3415=900

Then before your MACRO calls, command M900 and it should stop buffering.

Just some basic ideas...

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

Some old topics have been resurrecting lately.

I wonder, do these topics show up in Google searches and that's what drives it?

That is what the bots do when they create a login in and then start searching through the forums. They are data harvesting and then taking the key words and sending them back to the mothership. Google, Facebook, Twitter and the rest are not about free services they are all about data harvesting. People don’t realize we are in the matrix now just not using our bodies to produce heat and energy just pulling out data to use it against us. 

Wonder how many warning points I will get for going that far off OT? :huh: :whistle: 🤔🤯🤯🤯

• Haha 3