Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 MU1 IS A JOKE

alanu23

IS IT JUST ME, OR DID ANY ONE ELSE DOWNLOAD THE MU1 MAINTENENCE UPGRADE TO FIND OUT THAT THEY MADE SOME IMPROVEMENTS, FIXED SOME BUGS, THEN ADDED INFINETELY WORSE BUGS THAN THEY HAD TO START WITH? WHEN I VERIFY, WHAT I USED TO SEE AS FULL SIZE TOOLS ARE NOW SHORT, SOMETIMES WITH NO RADII IF THAT IS HOW I MADE THEM IN MY TOOL MANAGER? HOW ABOUT THE FACT I CAN'T DISPAY MY TOOL PATHS ANY MORE WHILE IM IN THE PART FILE? WHATS UP WITH THAT? I CAN'T GO BACK TO MX3 EITHER OR I WILL LOSE OF 100'S HOURS OF WORK, JUST BECAUSE I EDITED FILES THAT I HAD MADE IN X3. WHO SHOULD HAVE TO EAT THAT? THEN, IF YOU CALL ON SATURDAY WANTING TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE, THEY AREN'T THERE? I PAY ******* FOR SOFTWARE THAT THAT DOESN'T HAVE 24/7 TECHNCAL SUPPORT? WHY? WHY DID i PAY **** FOR MAINTENENCE THIS YEAR? WHY? mad.gif IT SEEMS TO ME THAT CNC HAS PAID MORE ATTENTION TO FIGHTING PIRATES THAN UPHOLDING AND MAINTAINING THE INTEGRITY OF THIER PRODUCT. AND TRYING TO PLEASE WHO REALLY COUNTS, THEIR CUSTOMERS.

ONE STEP FORWARD AND 200 BACK IF YOU ASK ME. IF ANYONE ELSE FEELS THE SAME WAY, SPEAK UP AGAINST THIS RACKET, IT IS RAGING, i KNOW THAT i WILL.

ANY ONE ELSE WITH ME?

:mod edit: Please keep discussion of cost off of the board, thank you. This is address in the FAQ.

[ 02-07-2009, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: JParis@CNC Programming Solutions ]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please turn off you caps..

First things first..

Verify.. your Quality setting is turned down..

turn it back up and Verify will be fine.

I think you are running with a default config

setup now so things are not looking the same.

MU1 is a solid upgrade.. Calm down and check

things out.. there are just a few switches you need to flip.

edit you can go back to X3 with and X3MU1 file.

Do you have X3 and X3 MU1 installed on the same computer??

quote:

IF ANYONE ELSE FEELS THE SAME WAY, SPEAK UP AGAINST THIS RACKET, IT IS RAGING, i KNOW THAT i WILL.

ANY ONE ELSE WITH ME?

NOPE

First off this is a help forum provided by

a mastercam reseller not CNC Software.

Everyone is here to help each other, rants

towards CNC should be direct to them not here.

There are lots of helpful ppl here that will

bend over backwards to lend a hand.

Take a deep breath and let someone help you out.

PEACE biggrin.gif

after one creates a tool path, or opens a file that already has tool paths, normally there would be blue lines all over the place showing where the tools run. not anymore. I cant click on a toolpath in my operations manager and have them display like it used to. I don't know what happened. but I do know I am in a world of dung if I don't get it resolved quickly I have 20 more Level 4 and 5 compexity aerospace mill parts to go in the next month. I'm talking 4op 300+ toolpath parts, and this has not helped me one bit.

quote:

My boss got new computer the other day, went to run mc9.1

Welcome to the forum. Wow V9 to X3 thats a big jump. After you use X3 for a week or two you will never in a million years want to go back to V9.

Are you having problems on the same computer MC9.1 is installed?

To display the tool path in the graphics screen try selecting the operations you want displayed in the OM and press "t"

To display the tool the correct length in verify try selecting the little folder with the red exclamation point and under options try selecting Tool Profile "As Defined".

Tech support is open 24hrs a day 7 days a week 365 days year. It is this forum, most time I can ask a question here and have an answer in the time it takes to pick up the phone and call my VAR. If you want to talk to tech support on the weekends I am sure CNC could outsource all the tech overseas. Couldn't understand the tech but they would be their on the weekends.

Hind sight is all 20/20 but I always make it a practice to install new software as early in the week as possible, that way if there is a problem I have all week to get it straighten out. I also try to start on smaller projects until I know for sure how the new versions work and how well I understand it.

Would have of responded sooner but my 4 and 5 year olds were bickering and I had to break it up.

HTH

Right on, J coulston, and rob! I couldn't do it with the wavy line button but that worked! I would have sat here til monday trying to figure that out. probably about the time that I would have slammed my head on the keyboard it would have been fixed. that is my main problem for today, as far as the verification problems I will save that for my reseller on monday. if you program like me I make a tool path, verify it to see if it did what I wanted it to. without it I am in the dark.

Thanks guys, you got me through the afternoon!

I have to agree with Alanu23. Since I 'upgraded' to X3 I have had nothing but headaches, though mostly related to the side by side installation or migration... I would expect more from $xx,xxx software and $x,xxx annual maintenance however. Migrating should be much more reliable or they should just completely ditch it.

Yesterday I posted a program to G54, ran it, made a few tweaks and reposted. Low and behold there were G55s in there and I have no idea why. G54 was the only offset in the entire program. Anyone else run across this?

For the record, without this forum I would be completely lost. My rants are NEVER directed at the good folks on this forum that help answer my questions. The help and this resource is always greatly appreciated.

quote:

too many problems with X3 mu1 verify.

????

Verify is one of the best parts of MU1.

Much faster and rock solid.. at least for me.

I have X3MU1 installed on 2 workstations and

1 Vista gaming grade laptop and it is flawless on all 3 machines.

One caveat.. I never use migration..

I have no idea why you're having trouble with X3MU1 verify.

The FX-570 is an entry level card, but should be adequate for most work.

However, it might not be enough for a large monitor like a Dell 24"ultrasharp.

An intresting experiment would be to try X3MU1 verify on a smaller monitor and see if you had the same probelms.

Last year I did some large impellers in X2 MU1

I had to machine them without verification because Verify could not handle them.

One of the first things I did with X3 was try those parts again.. X3 Verify got further, but still could not complete them.. X3MU1 runs

all 200+ toolpaths from start to finish in about 30 minutes. Neither X2 or X3 could do this wihout locking up.

Mmm, I have had a lot of problems with verify- always, not just with X3. The last four 5 axis parts I did would crash verify before completion, and usually crash X3. CNC logged a bug, but that was months ago. I still haven't heard anything back. I can't seem verify anything I would call a medium-complexity part without a crash, so I have been flying blind for some time. It also still takes forever, and then gets even slower if you do a compare. I can't zoom or rotate in less than 1 or 10 minutes...if it doesn't crash doing the compare...

However, MU1 is faster calculating, (if it doesn't crash)and most other things seem to be OK.

And it acts the same on an XP64 and Vista64 system.

quote:

Yesterday I posted a program to G54, ran it, made a few tweaks and reposted. Low and behold there were G55s in there and I have no idea why. G54 was the only offset in the entire program. Anyone else run across this?

You made a few tweaks then Blame MC!

eek.gif

I'd put money on you did not set "Lock on First WCS" in the Misc values in the first toolpath.

On the Maintance side of things I also am a Unhappy customer.

I believe we are NOT getting value for coin. I sent 4 simple Lathe problems into QC last week.

Things like this should have been fixed.

My boss askes what do we get for our coin?

Um FBM Joke!

A new arc filter that gouges!

New HS toolpaths that take for ever to calculate!

So I have to buy another add on CIMCO High speed!

With the world economy the way it is I can't justify the cost of our maintanence anymore.

I don't know how small shops could either.

We even got charged an extra 10% because or maintanence expired!!!!!!!!!! bs.gif

Dave