Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

'Wants' for Version 10

kathy

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even better would be if you could port it out to an extertnal linked database. then it would really start making sense and have a meaning to more people. the shop guy, the planners, the designers...

i seem to be the only person in the whole world who likes to view my parts in perspective rendering. important to us cos the verification drives the design in some instances.

thomas w

Wants’ for version 10

~ It would be nice if MasterCam finally became a true windows program.

~ I also use Solid Works and I would love MasterCam to have the color gradient background and the nice animated fit command. The above needs to happen before this can however.

~ I would like to see color control independent by layers.

~ I would like to see the part origin when I print/plot a part.

~ After you save a part then exit I would love not to see the message that says the drawing needs saved when it just was.

~ I would like to see a Trimetric view. A lot less line overlapping from Isometric.

Thomas - I like your idea of an external database.

Av8tor - I have a pattern of a 3 Axis using Surfaces for the arrows. I place this at my X,Y,Z origin. When you turn shading on, the axis will print. email me & I'll send it to you..

* I would love to be able to rotate or position parts on the screen, and 'save' it as a named view.

* To see the full level functionality in the level dialog box every time I access it.

* To do away with the level numbers and sort be level name. Than when I merge in part B into part A profile B will merge into it's own unique level from profile A. Right now, if both profiles are on Level 1 - you know what you get! eek.gif

Kathy

[ 06-28-2002, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: kathy ]

ten, 10

there are a lot of improvements i would like to se happening in terms of workflow and 3d viewports.

too many clicks needed to do certain things and the manipulation of the camera is really slow/cumbersome.

the general archaic feel of the interface is even more frustrating when you know how well mc does all the underlying and imprtant aspects of cnc programming. it really is the best when it comes to creating toolpaths, but it is way behind when you look at the interface. i just love the graphic feel to catias nc module.

also i would like to see more interactive in/out functionallity built into the software. at present all you can do is save/load/print. to be able to link certain aspects and parameters would be really nice.

im doing some experimenting with letting expernal software access the plaintext databases and files of mc to see what can be done. tools, etc

the external linkin would help prevent errors with programmers working on incorrect outdated parts and it would also allow the entire production cain to take bigger part in the machining.

we do furniture and architectural work, and for us this makes a lot of sense since the material variations drives some of the design.

yeah, ten.

so much to wish for.

-add more i/o and database capabilities

-insert mc as an integrated module into several of the cad systems exsisting.

-make the mc server completely independent of the client(dont know if it even is a client/server setup). that way we could make our own interfaces to suit our needs/workingstyle/industry.

more than anything i want a complete product lifecycle managemant system based on a descriptive product data language.

catia is great but it is to restraining to productivly model in and the nachining isnt up to par with mc. its also really expensive.

enough of my rambling,

thomas w

Hi! smile.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

My wish list for ver10.:

To have numerous undo and redo also.

To have a possibility to analize milled model in verify.

To implement new toolpath: free -hand mouse-driven 2,5 axes milling like in many other cams

Auramill, Nctool and others.

In pocket job to have possibility to enter in simple angle slope .

I want to have a possibility to work with user-defined parameters:

at the operation manager before operations to define them like:

Number Name Value

1 #A -0.07

2 #b 14

and so on

and to have a possibility to use #A ,#b , and so on in any field of jobs second and third page

Thus all the modification of electrode program from electrode-0.07 to electrode -0.3 will be to change parameter #a

at the begining of the operation manager and to make regeneration

I wish to have a possibility to mill any surface job with negative offset and flat- end mill.

In old wireframe jobs like swep 2d job I want to have a toolpath according to scallope height

I agree with Kathy it would be great it the Analyze Attributes function# of toolpath refs was expanded to show the actual operations and tools that are associated with the entity.

smile.gif

How about V10 verification package,(free with mill level 3)where it verifies your code,not the operations nci file,with any position verifying,this has got to be possible smartscam was doing it years ago(the position veri. thing).Also cut saving so you dont have to verify all previous ops.Man lets throw in real time verifying at another computer while your machining with multiple veiws.If your gonna dream do it right. biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

~ I would like to see color control independent by layers.

~ I would like to see the part origin when I print/plot a part.

V9 Has these features.

Layers are(can be) controlled by attributes manager.

For print/hardcopy, press F9 then file next menu hardcopy.

Before making suggestions, thou shouldst readeth thy "What's New in V-9.pdf" and previous files like it. Just because you don't know it can be done doesn't mean it cannot.

JM2C

[ 06-30-2002, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V9 Has these features.

Layers are(can be) controlled by attributes manager.

For print/hardcopy, press F9 then file next menu hardcopy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for the layer tip James.

Please before you get so snotty and self-righteous with your, “thou shouldst readeth thy” you should make sure your advice works. First off there is only one mention of hardcopy in the What’s new pdf or doc and it has nothing to do with the origin. Secondly MasterCam has written this up (request #20555) because it does not work. Try it and see. The axis lines do show up when it goes white screen but they does not plot.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

The axis lines do show up when it goes white screen but they does not plot.

Now, are you talking about Plotting or Hardcopy? They are different you know. Also, are you talking about seeing the Axis Designation Icon or the Axis Lines.

As for the "make sure your advise works" is the Attribute Manager not mentioned in the pdf? $5.00 says it is. I've been reading them since they started putting out stuff when I was a Beta Tester for V9. I was pretty sure the plot/hardcopy deal was not mentioned (well only changing line thickness is mentined anyway). But my opinion about reading that stuff still stands. Read the documentation. There's not much so read what little there is. It takes like 5 or 10 minutes to go through(60 minutes if you want to be really really thorough) and you get to see what's new in the product. I often hear "you can't do this" and "the software can't do that" and it's just a bummer that people trudge along doing the same old thing year in and year out. Doing things the same way the did them back in Version 3 instead of seeing if there's a new way available that offers more flexibility. Most users probably only use 25% of Mastercam's capabilities if they are lucky.

JM2C

hahaha!

told the guys at ironcad once that i wanted controls like in quake for my cam orientation.

-always run

-fov 90

-strafe

-mouse look

-swich weapon(tools) on the mouse wheel.

they sort of stared at me blankly for about two seconds and went on to talk about autocad import.

too bad i was serious.

thomas w

how 'bout this

multiple dockable toolbars

instead of mouse wheel zoom, how about 3 button mouse capability being able to use the 3 buttons and the ctrl button or for pan, rotate and zoom. Also combination clicks (like middle + left, or right + middle...etc.) to bring up more menus...

Scott's foot pedal idea is also pretty good. Yeah it might sound a little silly at first, but think about it....the more buttons I can press at the same time the better (in my opinion anyway)

3d stock recognition for maching aplications (like roughing)

[ 07-01-2002, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]