Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

'Wants' for Version 10

kathy

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

When making finish passes on 2-d cuts or pockets. the ability to make both Z and XY finish passes at the same time. As it it is now, mastercam makes the z finish pass and then one more pass for the xy. Also the ability when making multiple passes on xy with keep tool down checked to rapid to the start point instead of moving at the programmed feedrate.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A really simple fix I would like to see is this: when you are in trimming mode, and want to trim 2 lines, and it turns out the lines do not intersect, why does mastercam through you out of the trimming mode !? Just because you encountered an error, doesn't mean you want to stop trimming...

Dan.

It would be great if in Version X you could have 5 axis simultanious tool axis control on Surface Finish Tool paths. For example if I had a Surface Finish Scallop, Surface Finish Contour, Leftover etc it would still calculate the machining pattern on the surface as it does now but instead of the tool axis being controlled by the tool plane it would allow me to tilt the tool based on a drive surface or to point, etc. The current Flow 5ax or Multisurf 5ax is very limiting since it requires time consuming set up of drive surfaces and appropriate boundries and the step over is controlled by the drive surface rather than the comp surfaces. I think that being able to use the machining patterns of the 3D surface tool paths in conjuction with tool axis control would speed my work up dramatically particually on deep steep sided parts where the 5axis head must be tilted. Does anyone else have this problem or am I missing something in the multiaxis toolpaths?

xform,

Try this on for size. Create a simple surface finish contour toolpath on a steep sided wall from the top plane. Once it's been generated, go back into the "T/C plane" menu on the first parameters page of the operation and change the T plane only to a tilted orientation from the top. Regen the operation and the tool will now cut the toolpath with the tool tilted over.

Is this what you're trying to do?

HTH,

steve

how bout a little more colorful version of the display axis (ala Cadkey). Even better would be to have 2 display axis, one for your graphics view and one for the C-plane (once again Cadkey)

This would make life much easier, especially when working with different C-planes & tool planes.

Steve,

Thanks for the suggestion but rather than selecting a plane for tool axis control I would like to be able to select a surface therefore allowing the tool angle to be constatly changing as it flows around the part (abit like a flow 5ax drive surface but only using this for tool axis control, but still having the machining pattern calulated by the 3D surface machining options). With a plane it will be at an optimim angle on one side of the part but actually cutting through the part on the other. I can see uses for the feature you suggested though such as machining a single vertical side of a part but wanting to have the ball nose tool approaching at 45degrees therefore allowing cutting right down to the table. The way I have been doing this at the moment is creating a vertical plane and using the Multisurf 5ax with z axis limits set to 45degrees and compensating to the approapriate surfaces. One thing I couldn't work out with the method you suggested was, when I select in the first page of the parameters the T/C plane and then the tPlane, I could only select system views. I wasn't sure how to select a plane by entity using this method. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...