Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

'Wants' for Version 10

kathy

Get rid of "Retain depth values of meged drill points?" Or at least put it somewhere else. Does anyone use that confused.gif

Thad

Edited to say that I retract this statement until I see V9. wink.gif

[ 07-17-2002, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: thad ]

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thad,

Try a program called Rtvreco. It automates tasks in Windows by pressing buttons in dialog boxes, menus etc. I have mine setup to press NO every time that annoying dialog box comes up. It's not fixed on the mastercam side but at least it gets ride of it.

It can be downloaded from:

http://www.clearlight.com/~rtvsoft/RtvRecoLatestVersion.htm

Bryan smile.gif

Add a SUBPROGRAM un-limited point to point (((NONuniform ))))selection option to the transform toolpath translate / Transform Operation Parameters box.

The current setup is limited to one point to point ...Rectangular,polar,Between Veiws,& between points.

I wanna subprogram numbering manager !!!!!!

That way the the subprogram numbering can reflect the main program numbering ,the programmer greater eaze & Control of subprogram numbering post output!

Thanks

[ 07-20-2002, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Kenneth Potter ]

speaking from a waterjet programmer aspect.

I would like to see alot more fonts that come with ver. 10 as well as fonts that already have the letters stenciled, (etc. Q, R, O, P, A, D,B)

Just so i don,t have to connect the drops manualy.

I think this would help Router programmers also. Thanks.

How about a group function for tools like they have for operations. That way a person can have more then one program using more then one tool #1 in the same file. Right now all the tools show up with no organization.

quote:

The ability to toggle between "step" and "run" while backplotting.

Smit and Michael Reynolds,

Both methods work great, but I prefer Michael's method. I don't have to take my hand off the mouse. smile.gif Thanks guys!

Thad

Seperate finish pass feed rate!! Now thats a real wish! I would also like to be able to analyze the number of endpoints in a chain so I don't have to get the "Incorrect number of syncs" message when trying to make a complex ruled surface. Now I have to use the Screen/Endpoints to look at chains and compare points and breaks, which is very tedious. Or better yet analyze two chains and show vector lines like in 5-axis swarf or in Image software. cool.gif

1. James:

quote:

You can accomplish this in the toolpath editor.

This is true, however editing involves time and the opportunity for errors/mistakes/f...ups---besides, there already is a pocket finish dialog box, so how hard would it be to add Finish Feed Rate?

2. While we're on the subject of extra things I don't want to have to do that take up extra time that can easily be added/changed?---Frequently I have to go into an nc file to remove line numbers so as to be able to fit a program into a machine control (it's old but it still runs great). So, howsabout being able to post without line numbers from the post dialog box (don't want to mess with my post)?

Les.

Marc Lindsey , I am with you on this thought.

I a have been asked by a few customers about this thought.

rottncf, So you are saying it to hard to say "yes" to omite line #'s in the post and you don't want to do it.

Or you want the option to have it or not by the size of the program?

Cadcam--given the choice I would rather have line numbers in the program, however often I need to get the file size down, and it's the only way to do this without changing stepovers, cut tolerances, etc. rolleyes.gif

Maybe I should have two different posts, but it is nice to only work with one that runs all my machines.

Les