Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Contour Window Problem

Larry Metzler

I am having problems toolpath contour window. I seem to remember there was a way to contain geometry (in this case created letters)

In a window and the geometry would be high lighted. I cannot choose window and the geometry read. I think I am missing a pick or a switch. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

ok, I just tried todo that and the letters didn't highlight but it ask me for a start point. Once I picked the start point, the letters highlighted...? maybe something has changed, or it could be a graphics card thing or something. Anyway, that's what happened when I tried it.

Gavetta,

The letters don't highlight because of a problem with Mastercam. You need to stop what your doing, go up and click on "screen" then "regenerate display list" and click "yes".

Sometimes you have to do this a lot and sometimes not at all. Very frustrating.

quote:

The letters don't highlight because of a problem with Mastercam. You need to stop what your doing, go up and click on "screen" then "regenerate display list" and click "yes".

Sometimes you have to do this a lot and sometimes not at all. Very frustrating.

I would bet its a PC problem, not MC.

PEACE biggrin.gif

Hardmill,

From a previous thread.....

"The problem was related to coming out of Verify - that broke the highlight ability. But as The Chipmaker says, the MU1 update fixed it."

I don't have the MU1 update installed yet but it looks like I should. It seems it fixes this issue.

Take care.

- Jason

• 1 month later...

I have this problem also. Have tried everything. I have to exit and restart MC. It will chain correctly once I do this. Real pain in the @ss. We engrave all of our fixtures, so it's a daily routine. Although it only happens on my PC. The other programmers are not having that problem.