Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath Manager Import ops from other file

kkominiarek

When importing ops from other MCX files I get this error.

quote:

Mastercam file does not contain any compatible toolpath to your active machine.

1)I never saw this error before.

2)I copy ops all the time.

3)The file does contain compatible toolpath.

confused.gif

I searched and found nothing on this subject.

Ken,

When you import ops from another MCX file, you locate the folder via the browse button. Once you find the folder you want, you can then select from different MCX files in that folder via the dropdown menu. If you have multiple MCX files in that folder, the first one listed is selected first. If there are no toolpaths in that file, an error like this will come up. If you click OK to this error, you should be able to click the dropdown and then select the MCX file that you want to import from. I've seen this error before.

Thad

now i'm getting "machine compatibility warning" when selecting.....mill toolpaths- surface finish-

contour-

i have 2 tool groups.

1st tool group has ops in top and front plane

2nd tool group has ops in front plane only

also while using mastercam my pc locked up 3x in the last 15 minutes. i rebooted 2x. nothing else running.

any thoughts?

as far as the pc locking up i beleive a bad update from lavasoft/adware was the culprit.

i updated just before all this started. i checked online (love the internet) the adware update has been known to change "service" settings to auto start at bootup and run in background.

it was running in the background spiking between 50% and 98% cpu usage.

i changed setting to manual start only.

mastercam has not locked up on me in the last 1.5 hrs.....i'll get back to you all on the compatibilty issues sometime tomorrow.

While a bad adware update was a contributor to my issues....I removed all adware software from both my pc's but something still wasn't right.

My pc/mastercam was still acting sluggish. The file I'm working on is complex 81 mb in size. I noticed that in the shade settings the "outline shaded edges" was turned on....I was messsing with different settings to determine what my issue was....anyway, once I turned this setting off Mastercam is running %100 better with no errors.

It's wierd how 1 little check mark can make such a huge difference. smile.gif