Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 wishlist

kkominiarek

I figure X4 is already rolling along.....let's get a head start for the future.

What I would like to see is during verify you could setup a parameter for tool wear. This way

you would be able to see tool wear/steps/mismatch

during verify.

For example.....finishing a complex multi surface part with a .250 ball.

After 4000 inches of path length subtract .0001 from tool diameter. After 7000 inches of PL subtract another .0001 from tool diamter....and so on and so on. Or use run time as a factor or combination of both.

Something that is customizable for all the different shops, materials, machines etc....we all use.

We would set parameters from our own experience.

I realize this would not be perfect but some visual help is better than none. A color change each time the tool diameter changes might be useful also.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely!! (+2)

quote:

How about fixing the bugs before adding new features.

ummm.....that would be 5 hundred thou's not mill's

quote:

so you want verify to show a .00005" (50 millionths of an inch) change on the radius?

btw....EXCELLENT idea starting a wish list now for X5 !!

Here is a good improvement... I often post to my usb stick and then carry that to the machine to load the program. If I don't insert the usb back into the computer before I post another program, Mastercam will not let me reselect the NC program's destination. Programs will typically let you reselect an alternate destination if the drive is not available.

What I think would be a great upgrade (not necessarily for X5) would be a Level 0 option.

This option would not allow any geometry or toolpath creation (or modification). It would only allow the operator to view and rotate the geometry, select a machine definition (not modify), and post programs.

Our shop has many different controls - each with its own unique code. For those shops with 1 seat of MCAM it would take some load off the programmer and allow the operators to post their own code economically.

Just a thought.......

Nothing personal, but it almost sounds like we need a 'complaint forum'.

Allot of good ideas come out of criticism but it has to be constructive..any new software is going to have it's downside but the new software's upside will hopefully out weigh the negative..that said, I think if you don't have maintenance, whatever version you do have, to a point, should be fixed since you already paid for it.If it's replaced with a "new" version though, then, being as there are no more MR#, SP# or whatever it's called this time, for the version you have, then your SOL...now if the "new version" isn't something that will only,for the most part, "fixes the bugs" then massive whining (ie. constructive critcism) would be in order..

JM2C

regards

robh

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Nothing personal, but it almost sounds like we need a 'complaint forum'...

We have an Enhancement Request Forum. That's really where suggestions should go, though there is really not much roob for debate in that Forum but still when used properly can net the same result.

Oh, and Colin, that's thinking outside the box. I like it. That may cut down on some piracy too. cheers.gif

im thinking of sanding a request for a simple way to transfer stock to sub with a part off operation on 2 spindles lathes

by now the MPLmaster do the trick but with 4 operation

1- transfer

2- ghost transfer

3- partoff

4- transfer

a new toolpath that will do this in a few click will be easier to work with

• 5 weeks later...

- Separating calculation of the toolpath and link & lead moves.

So a new command to apply link moves (broken/follow surface/..) between toolpath passes without re-calculating the operations.

And yet better, ability to change each link move to another type ,eg, you may want to change from broken to follow surface in some parts of the toolpath.

All without re-calculation the entire toolpath of course.

I have a few items to add to the wish list...

Addition of variable spindle speed for surfacing, when using large ball nose cutters to contour and your moving from tip to diameter it would be very handy to increase spindle speed when only cutting on the tip... I know I can use high feed to modify my path and change feedrate when using the tip but reality is you need spindle rpm to increase.

Addition of surface quality to surfacing toolpaths, scallop heigth helps but when programming to surface finish (RMA, RMS, etc..) it would be a great help to see the theoretical finish...

Ability to lock keep tool down data with a check box so it doesn't change every time I modify other items...

Addition of spring pass to cutting method so when I'm programming long tools I can cut one direction (climb or conventional) and spring pass the other direction...

I can think of many more but hoping some are in X4...