Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 wishlist

kkominiarek

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Just out of curiosity what does it take to become a beta tester?

I think probable the biggest stumbling block is the boss has to let you test the new beta releases. After all you cannot go back to say X4 or any other version with the same file you created in X5.

Or you can own your own seat and pay maint like me.

You know, I am a fan of Mastercam. However when people complain about unresolved bugs, they have a valid point. For example, if tip comp is left on for a boring bar you will most certainly crash. This was not a bug in V7, but has certainly been a bug since V9. I know this for a fact because I still have those two old dinosaurs on my computer. I have certainly mentioned this in the past. Could I be the only programmer out there still using boring bars, some of which cost thousands of dollars a piece. How many more years will it take before this is fixed?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm doing part run-offs with tight deadlines using Beta Software. I can count on one hand with fingers to spare when I've had to start over on a previous release because I was not able to get the Beta Software to do what I needed it to do. Granted, it may take a few tries with Beta but... I'm not one to let software defeat me. biggrin.gif

Work arounds is one thing I seriously appreciate about Mastercam. There's multiple ways to skin the cat. Other softwares are not s lucky. Some are like Apple... only ONE way to do something, THEIRS. biggrin.giftongue.gif

I would like to see the HST use arc moves instead of all line moves, I also want to see the backplot and verify rapid move like the machines really do move. So instead of a strait line to the next point, instead for it to show the dog leg moves like the machine really does.

Also, an easier customization for lead in lead out (Like angles) and overlap.

Hey rocketmachinist,

If you have a Fanuc control, you can change a parameter that eliminates the dog-leg. When I do HST toolpaths, the only "rapid" move is at the beginning and end of the program, otherwise, it is a linear move at 1500 ipm. Because it is a feeded linear move, it is a staight line ( no dogleg ), but if you used G00 and set your control up to move without dogleg, your result would be the same thing.

Carmen

• 1 month later...

More fonts for Drafting Notes, or make Letters editable like notes. When I engrave something, I often us Note and keep the original note on a seperate level so I can go back and change it as needed without having to re type and reposition the whole thing. Would be nice if letters was like this too!

On the Windows taskbar, I often right click to close programs, X4 is the 1st software I have ever seen that has something other than close at the bottom of that list.

And +1 to Litnin, move the help button.

Tool inspection!!!!

I have wondered this for a while, why do we have to click to regen dirty ops?

Is there anyone out there that leaves ops dirty?

And MORE options on feedrate/spindle speed.. for example:

Every 2D toolpath at least needs an option to change speed/feed on finish passes.

In the "Multi-Passes" box, give us that option.

In the "Depth-cuts" box, give us that option.

etc...

Facing can use this also.

This eliminates the need to create yet another operation (with all of the same parameters) for a finish pass with the same tool.

quote:

I have wondered this for a while, why do we have to click to regen dirty ops?

Is there anyone out there that leaves ops dirty?

In Esprit you don't have to do this 100%. I too have wondered the same thing.

Just guessing here.....I assume that if you have an OP that takes a HUGH amount of time to regen you may not want to regen until you decide to (end of the day, lunch, etc.)

But, a config setting could solve this issue.

quote:

And MORE options on feedrate/spindle speed.. for example:

Every 2D toolpath at least needs an option to change speed/feed on finish passes.

In the "Multi-Passes" box, give us that option.

In the "Depth-cuts" box, give us that option.

etc...

Facing can use this also.

This eliminates the need to create yet another operation (with all of the same parameters) for a finish pass with the same tool.

Right on Jeff.

I will also add that the software should know the final depth pass and wall pass are to be one...The fact that it does not is pretty lame. rolleyes.gif