Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Heidenhain TNC530 comms to and from a PC

Mick

Is anyone here doing this? Specifically, using Cimco DNC Max?

We have two Union borers with these controls, and we use barcode scanners for the operators to scan down NC files from the server, to their machines.

The Union borers have just been added to the network (using RS232 to the Cimco sever via Nport servers). We cant seem to get any comms between the machines and the server. When sending to the machine, nothing happens at either end, and when we send from the machine to Cimco, there is nothing at all happening.

If someone here has successfully done this, please contact me via email (or post up here smile.gif )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Mick,

If you want to use Rs232 I would set the control to FE mode and use the Heidenhain FE protocol in DNC-Max. All transfers are done at the control. You can also use EXT mode but you may need to change the MP parameters. EXT mode works with the standard protocol in DNC-Max. If I had a 530 I would be using the Ethernet and CIMCO NFS. This works well with the directory monitor protocol in DNC-Max and allows for instant file transfers.

Im going to have to chime in with Garf and Bruce here...we just set up our ethernet on ours and used TNCremo...Had to change the IP address on the machine as well because of the first 3 characters. They were 200.XXX.XX.XXX and our system starts in the 190.XXX.XX.XXX

If the controller on the machine has "Windblows" on it you can dial it up to have instant access via ethernet and get instant access all the time without the issues for copying tons of files into directories off the server

Good Luck

TNCremo is a great program. In Mick's case all the other machines (Fanuc, Okuma etc) are set up so that the operator scans a bar code to select the machine and then a bar code for the job number or program and DNC-Max will que up the program ready for the operator to press the input button.

TNCremo supports ethernet transfer to the Heidenhain but you have to do it from the PC. The advantage of using NFS or Windows networking is that you get a "mounted" drive on the TNC program manager. The operator can then just copy the files over from the mounted drive to the TNC.

This gives you a bit more control over what files the operator has access to.

Anyone here using TNCremoPlus? I would be interested in seeing some screen shots.