Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas 4th axis rotation direction

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

so I reached out to reseller and they just wanted to sell me a whole other post...So I will be making the edits myself. changing the control definition seems easy enough but where in the post would i find a value that controls rotation direction?

Would have to see if the post has that area unlocked and what is the base post. I have to wonder if it even using the MMD to control this. If it is an older Generic 5 Axis CNC Software post and they binned the section to control that you're not going to get very far. The older posts never used MMD and still not sure if the latest even tap into the MMD or not. I got out of this arena years ago and go to the professionals.

• Like 1

Well this morning I had a realization...since the post I use for our machines that rotate CCW was made by our resellers, I am hoping the generic haas 5 axis rotates the correct way for our CW machine....I will post back if it does not end up working. on another note yesterday I tried reversing it using some tips I foind at this forum HA5CSB Direction (cnczone.com) but all I got was some error message saying something like paramaters do not match....