Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dynamic mill on a solid

Jeremy Grigsby

I'll describe the part a little. Imagine a triangular shaped part with a sharp edge at the highest z point, bar is 5 inches long by 1 inch wide. I want to machine the angled sides from the outside in so I can use as much of the flute as I can. So the deepest passes would be the first ones moving in by 030 a cut and up whatever it needs to follow the angle. I can upload a file because my computer here doesn't have internet access.

I am thinking I need to take the dynamic mill toolpath out of the picture. It only applies to 2d toolpaths. It also seems it doesn't work too well on some outside profiles. I will try and bring a file home from work so I can upload it to the ftp from home. I meant to say I can't upload because I don't have internet access at work. For someone to try the 2d high-speed toolpath, dynamic mill type, heres a simple part I was trying yesterday.

Draw a 5.875 long by 2.750 high rectangle. Chamfer two corners at one of the end with a .875x45 deg chamfer.

Center this profile within a 6.200 long by 3.000 high rectangle.

Select 2d high-speed and select both as chains.

specify dynamic mill, and open pocket.

I chose a .03 stepover for the toolpath and it didn't seem to hold to anything close to that on the two chamfers. If someone can make it take equal passes, could they upload to the ftp? I will finish the job today by drawing out the toolpath geometry to get it to do what i want, but I'd still like to see what I was doing wrong.

If anyone knows If I can access the ftp on a blackberry, let me know also.

Thanks for everyone's help.