Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Survey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

That's what the forum and the enhancements forum is for.

I just don't see lots of interaction / input from CNC software when it comes to user requests to improve things. In fact, I find that they remove themselves from the customer and I don't like that. While I like my dealer, sometimes I want a point of view directly from the manufacture and it's like pulling teeth to get it.

quote:

From the survey it sounds like they are trying to eliminate some (or all) of the stuff that comes with each release. CNC's new headquarters is all about green and conservation, I think they should follow suit and reduce the amount of printed material.

I am all for never getting any hard copy, it's a waste in many ways and I would rather see those costs used for development.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The do frequent this forum. They may not leave any evidence that they've been here but they do pay attention, well, at least the code geeks com here. The marketing folks, well, that's another story. They have their own ideas and IMHO seem like could care less what we the user want.

BUt yes, they are a "green" company and are trying to save trees and all that. I've ALWAYS preferred searchable PDF's to manuals.

I do like the mousepads though. Maybe they should look into hemp mousepads instead of the rubber bottomed synthetic fiber ones. JM2C It's washable too.

quote:

I do like the mousepads though. Maybe they should look into hemp mousepads instead of the rubber bottomed synthetic fiber ones. JM2C It's washable too.

Im with you there. I somehow wear out my mousepads between releases. I think that I spend way to much time at the PC.

Do they actually make hemp mouse pads?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yeah they do. I was not able to find "blank" ones. All the ones I've seen have Marijuana plants featured on them. I'm sure with the number of mousepads that CNC goes through each year, they could probably get the blank ones and have whatever they need screened on them.

Something REALLY cool about CNC's "marketing materials", is at trade shows, instead of the cheesy plastic bags that tear after you put a catalog or two in them, CNC gives away pretty canvas bags. Faro does the same thing. I've had the same Mastercam bag for about 10 years now. I use it when I go to the beach, trade shows, etc. That is really cool IMHO. I don't consider myself a particuarly environmentally conscious person but I do try not to waste stuff just on general principles. When I go to trade shows, I get only the stuff I need. I scan a lot of the brochures and recycle them when I'm done, that way I ALWAYS have the info with me. I try to get the mfr. reps that call on me to bring me catalogs on CD's or better yet, give me a link so I can download them myself so I can have the info on hand easily.

I personally like the stuff that comes with each update. Especially when it comes in a big shiny box (Which X4 didn't).

When you pay your $1500 to Solidworks, you get a 10 cent DVD case, a copy of the invoice, and a disc that's already out of date. At least with Mastercam you feel like you're getting something for your money, even if it does work out to a $1000 unusably small mouse pad, and $500 dollar "What's New" booklet.

"I just don't see lots of interaction / input from CNC software when it comes to user requests to improve things. In fact, I find that they remove themselves from the customer and I don't like that. While I like my dealer, sometimes I want a point of view directly from the manufacture and it's like pulling teeth to get it."

Completely agree with this. I'd like to point out it's not unique to CNC Software/Mastercam and is unfortunately standard operating procedure in the CAM business.

New CAD vendors have made some in roads and interaction is much better. Specific examples provided on request.

quote:

Dave Lelonek

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, not one reply in that forum from CNC software.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are mistaken.

Look a little closer...50 posts in 4 years.

That's only once a month on average. None for 2007 - 2008 frown.gif

quote:

Look a little closer...50 posts in 4 years.

4 years? headscratch.gif

Look at the first topic and date on page 1.

Consider that IHS only added the enhancement forum

in Sept 2008, go to 'pages 2' and 3 and count the topics created from sept 08 to jan 09, if it means that much to you. wink.gif

Most licensed users are told by there resellers to contact them or [email protected] to request enhancements when they purchased there product.

Also, prior to the 'Enhancement forum', any of the gracious forum Vets would have directed you to contact CNC software as I stated above.

Cheers

Rick

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I smell something in here, and it smells like @$$...Banquer, is that you? WTF are you still doing here? You are banned! Me thinks we may have to do an IP ban. A first even for eMastercam. Some guys just can't leave, and leave it alone.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Funny Buzzword Boy,

You had this to say somewhere else;

quote:

I called the woman at CNC Software who is doing this survey on Friday. I still haven't gotten a return call. I doubt I will. Not returning phone calls and hiding behind a VAR is standard operation procedure for CNC Software.

Jon Banquer

San Diego, CA

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

He's prolly saying "$#!+..... can I delete my post???"

"...Damn, now I gotta say something nice, quick... oh and I gotta put it on my fog blog where two people and my 50 aliases go to pump up my hit counter every day..."