Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Phantom entities

rdshear

Am I the only one who is having problems with phantom entities in X4? I will either be translating geometry, trimming wireframe, deleting wireframe, etc... and all of a sudden the deleted items are gone but still there. I have to close MC and re-open it to get them to disappear. frown.gif

This is driving me crazy. I like to stay on top of things with and stay current but this release has to be the least ready for prime time release I've seen in a while.

Most of the problems I see are related to the moving or manipulation of existing solids or wireframe.

C'mon guys at CNC... If you are listening... PLEASE don't rush out a release for the sake of haveing something new. Make it right BEFORE it hits us.

Sorry for the rant... biggrin.gif

I ran some tests here and one instance that I can reproduce that was sent into QC shows that our Pro/E reader can make this happen.

The workaround is simple...use "Screen/Regenerate Display List" and they'll disappear for ever.

We will fix this the next chance we get.

If you've got a case where the Pro/E reader is not involved and you're seeing unselectable, uncounted entities 1) send what you can to QC and 2) use "Screen/Regenerate Display List" to clean them up.

Sorry about that...

quote:

Are they still there after you've saved as an MCX file and re-opened it? If so, can you send me the MCX?

Yes, they will remain there in any and all files I open (even File > New) until I restart Mastercam.

I can't put my finger on exactly what is causing them to appear, but they are definitely items that were either selected or preselected. I will email you the zip2go I made while this was showing onscreen, but when I re-open that zip2go here, there are no pahntom entities.

I know it's not a graphics card issue because I have had this same problem with 3 different cards, on 3 different computers. I have tried many different graphics settings, both in Mastercam, and the Graphics card itself. Finally, I can have assemblies open in Solidworks with a few hundred components and everything performs flawlessly.

"...I know it's not a graphics card issue because I have had this same problem with 3 different cards, on 3 different computers..."

OK...I stand corrected and I'll stop calling it that...

I got your email and screenshot - thanks.

Any clues from anyone on how to reproduce something like this would be great.

I just started playing with X4 and found that if I back plot the path become perment.I tried ram saver,Reg display list, close and open. video settings,nothing help.

Then I found that any file I open(X3 files)that have tool paths are displayed as if I back plotted and save as geo!

Tested new X4 file same thing BUT don't have to back plot cause when it gen tp it sticks.

At this point X4 is not usable***

Any body elses acting like this?

Sending file to CNC Monday.

I get this problem everytime I use the "Turn Profile" function with solids. It did not happen in X3

quote:

The workaround is simple...use "Screen/Regenerate Display List" and they'll disappear for ever.

We will fix this the next chance we get.

Can you also remove the "Rebuild display list at current scale" prompt?

Very annoying. If did not want to "Rebuild display list at current scale" I would not have clicked on it. rolleyes.gif

I agree with Tim, it seems to rear its ugly head most when deleting multiple wireframe entities. And as with Tim, the "Screen/Regenterate Display List" workaround works for me too.

Often once this happens if I try to Xform-translate a solid to another location, MC pretends to do so but doesn't do anything. At that point, I have to save the file, close MC, and reload to get functionality back.

Today I was showing how to chain with the solids chaining manager. When I started a new file the solid chain was still on screen. I then opened an existing file and the solid chain from the previous file was still visable. Regenerate display did not help. Had to exit Mastercam and start up again to get rid of the solid chain.