Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Side by Side Config error with X4 LT

Strictly 7 Guitars

I'm reposting this question since I think I didn't include a proper subject line in my first post, sorry. I'm very new to the forum type environment.

My name is Jim and I just bought Mastercam LT 4 and a super duper computer to go with it, I mean my computer has more GB, processor speed, video card, etc. than was required. I basically took the minimum requirements listed and doubled them, but...

Software loaded fine, when I double click to open the program I get an error message that the "side-by-side configuration was not correct"

Is there something I am missing in my Control Panel settings? Suggestions?

I appreciate the help!

Jim,

First off, welcome to the forum! cheers.gif Using a descriptive topic is a good thing to do. wink.gif

I'm not running LT but I read the forum daily and don't recall anyone else having this problem. Here's something you could try, but I'm really grasping at straws here. Go into the MC install directory and remove your .config file. You can either put it in a different folder, rename it, whatever, but you don't want MC to find it when it launches. When MC can't find it, it will create another "out-of-the-box" config file. See if that helps.

BTW, nice website.

Thad

Mastercam requires a Microsoft add-on called

.NET 3.0 framework.

Regular Mastercma installs it automatically

if needed. I don't know if LT does or not.

Go into add remove programs and make sure its there..

If not, download it from Microsoft and reinstall

Mastercam

Actually X4 requires .NET Framework 3.5

*You can easily see which Frameworks are loaded on you system by looking in the C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFramework folder.

You'll some "numbered" sub-folders which are the Frameworks installed on the system.

That said...

The issue Jim describes is probably not this, but somehow he was able to install LT without having all the "vcredists" installed.

Go to the McamX4-LTcommonvcredist_2005 folder and launch the proper .exe (either x64 or x86),

and then do the same in the McamX4-LTcommonvcredist_2008 folder.

• 2 months later...