Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 MU1 Verify

Mr. M

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a Quadro FX370 with drivers that are probably 8 months old, and a Space Pilot. No problems with the Space Pilot, and Verify looks as good or better than ever.

Edit to add:

I also have Quickbooks, JobBOSS, Solidworks, 3 instances of Excel, 5 .pdfs, two windows explorers, and ShopAlerts Server running.

quote:

Its all just prolly driver issues.

Naw, all y'all gots ta buy new video cards! smile.gif

In reality I'd check the lighting arrangement. I always run a custom lighting arrangement with one bright white in the center and three different dim colors in three corners. This prevents non-parallel planes from displaying the same shade/color and helps 3D perception.

It would be nice if bosses cast shadows though.

I don't think the space pilot is the problem. I get the verify problems when comparing the verified model against an .stl after verifying simulating the tool and trying to rotate with the middle mouse button or the space pilot. The screen simply refreshes (drifts) very slow when rotating. If I verify using the turbo method and compare to an .stl, it seems to work fine. I had this problem with all versions of X, but it just looks different when rotating.

quote:

The space pilot only seems to give me grief when comparing the verified model with an .stl after verifying simulating the tool

I've always had this issue when Verifying

really big or really detailed STL models.

I think it is the video card struggling to catch up to the input from the Space Pilot.

Try zooming and paning with your mouse..

I'll bet you get the same drift..

Now try Verifying somthing small and simple.

Both the mouse and the Pilot will work

correctly.

quote:

Now try Verifying somthing small and simple.

Both the mouse and the Pilot will work

correctly.

I know what you're saying, Gcode. But it's not true for me. It's behaving just like a big file even on simple little parts. I'm just using a trackball. no space pilots or anything like that. After you stop moving the mouse it moves for a few more seconds. so rotating it to the right spot is a windage and elevation thing. I don't know what it would be like on a big file. I haven't tried that yet.

John,

I still have the issue here too. I did download the latest drivers for my card. They are dated 9/22/2009.

Another computer here also has the issue. We haven't tried updating the driver on it though since it didn't fix mine. Another comp here is fine, though he is running 64 bit.

What is really strange is when you first open the mcx file and go to verify and the default huge stock size come up it doesn't have the darkness problem. Only after I select my solid model for stock does it go dark.

My laptop is a Dell Lattitude D820 with a Nvidia NVS 120M. (I can hear you laughing). With X3 and X4 I have been running with hardware diabled on the setting/config/screen page. This was to eliminate phantom images during geometry creation. I loaded X4/MU1 today. Now when I go to verify there is no stock. If I hit play there are no tools shown, but the percent box at the bottom of the window shows it is working. (No its not in Turbo mode). So now I have to run with hardware enabled to get verify, but of course now I am back to phantom images during geometry creation. banghead.gif