Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Highfeed clipped the contour!

LA CAMmer

I was doing some testing with the Highfeed function when I found this. I did a simple square contour (the red contour) with no problem.

T002.jpg

I then ran it through the Highfeed function using the "Finishing Only" setting, and the contour was clipped short! The tool does not finish the contour!

T001-1.jpg

What happened? I posted the toolpath and the code reflects the clipped path.

T003.jpg

Any idea why the path was clipped?

[ 10-22-2009, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: LA CAMmer ]

No splines. I unlocked the toolpath, rechained the contour, regenerated, ran the highfeed, and it clipped it again, but this time it clipped it after the first arc.

T008.jpg

That was last Thursday. I submitted it to my reseller and he is seeing the same problem.

Then this morning I was programming an electrode, tried to use the HighFeed and got a clipped toolpath on a Surface/Rgh/Pocket. The roughing method was High Speed, I changed it to Morph Spiral, got a clipped path in a different location, changed the roughing method to Parallel Spiral and got a clipped path in another location. Not good. Be careful if you are using the HighFeed function.

Take a screenshot of what you want to post (I use Gadwin), go to photobucket.com, register, upload your files, copy the bottom link from photobucket, in the Full Reply Form on Emastercam click on "Image", paste in the URL, do a "Preview Post" to make sure you got it right (might take a couple of tries).

See this link:

http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...t=032031#000002

Do a search for "Screen Captures", etc. for similar instructions. Learn to use the Search fuction on this forum, you will discover lots of goodies.

• 3 years later...

Hi guys!

I experience the same problem with the highfeed, always on the last toolpath I highfeed so does it clip the last bit of it!

I dosen't matter what type of toolpath I choose and even if I highfeed one at the time so does it clip the end...

Has anybody any solution on this??

I has Mastecam X4 MU3..

Thanks for your answer!

So it is no another way around it?

From what I remember it would only do this on the last chain. So if you had 3 chains, the first 2 would work fine but not the last one. What I ended up doing was creating a fake or dummy chain up and away from the part and cut air for the last chain.