Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 MU1 Crash Regenerating Toolpath

Thee Rickster ™

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for those with trouble that are now crash free (add me to the 48hr crash free list).

How many have run or are setup for Windows automatic update?

I've had a windows update about the time I quit having issues (along with MU2 update so no real telling).

Also I think once the temp folder get cleared out it helps also. My temp folder had 690 megs of files left from crashes when I first checked it! This folder should be empty once mastercam is closed the way I see it.

I did not do any thing different other than , make sure full permissions and ownership on C:

Didn't disable or change any thing in

windows. I have automatic updates dloaded

and install usually withing the day of the dload.

I have not cleared or checked a temp folder

since setting permissions and ownership.

Lucky bastid I guess, for being the 1st to get

and inquire about the problem.

Although I am not 100% sure the perms and own

fixed it

Cheers

Rick

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

How many of you guys that have issues have Automatic Updates set to download AND install automatically?

I have it download automatically but install when ONLY when I say to. I have an install ready to go right now but I want to finish my current project first. I HAVE had MS induced issues before so I only do it after a project completion and before I start a new one.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

IT = NO CLUE!!!

Sounds like those guys should create a "Programmer" profile that lets YOU decide when a good time to update is, NOT Microsoft.

When MC started putting stuff in the Windows directory, seems like things really started to get out of had with some users. Back in the V9 days a lot of that stuff that is now in the System32 folder was once contained in the mcam9 folder. headscratch.gif

Perhaps that is one of the prices of being "Windows" compliant. frown.gif