Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tips for upgrading from X3 to X4

Zman

Also, do a side-by-side installation if possible, then keep the X3 version installed until you get comfortable with X4. This will save you a few headaches when that 'emergency' job comes in and you are still trying to fumble your way through the new version. wink.gif

At some point you will need to 'cut the cord' to X3, but it is nice to have that to fall back on while you are learning X4. biggrin.gif

V9 and X both loaded on computer seemed to run ok.

X with X2 or X3 or X4 or any combination doesn't run so smoothly.

I uninstalled all previous vers, cleaned up the registry then did a fresh install for X4.

I beleive X2 was more stable than X4....but I must move on.....so I cut the cord to all past vers.

hth