Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Space Pilot Drivers are out

gcode

Thanks to ur advice in previous thread a while ago I bought a spacepilot off ebay ..... 108.00 with shipping .. came 2 weeks ago, 3.8.2 was the release then ..... they dont update to often. I have like new spaceball serial 5000 I cant hardly give away .... I boutght it new with a deal and paid the full 499.00 retail for it then ..... SUCKER

Which model do you guys use and how do you like it?

Do you use this for your left hand while using your mouse with your right or does it replace the mouse?

About 15 years ago I used a space ball with UG and if I remember correct I used it with my left hand. I remember it was an awesome tool.

Space Pilot ...... It rocks left hand mouse with right ..... it auto configures to what ever is on your screen , I usually have Sworks open on 2 screens and if ones part and ones drawing it auto knows, if you have cam on one screen and cad on other it will switch configurations as you go from screen to screen.

Is anyone else having an issue with "unexpected interuption error program is shutting down"..bye bye sucker crash with space pilot? I get this now and then on large long parts while doing alot of dynamic rotations. Tried multiple drivers, several versions of MC and a couple different machines and still about 1x per month...crash. One more instance of time to save..before heavy piloting.

Oh yes, I have sent in several crashreports to CNC. They tell me that it happens due to bad spacemouse drivers that do not get rid of what is stacked in memory. They also told me that MAYBE they could fix it till MU1, but it looks like it is not fixet even to MU2. Neither from CNC nor from 3Dx-ware. Last time it happened some days ago CNC suggested a newer driver from NVIDIA, but since I use a HP nw9440 (notebook) it is not that easy to switch driver, although I just did it. We will see if it helps...

Gunnar

Update, I just recieved the email below.

Let´s hope it works.

Gunnar,

Thank you again for supplying these crash reports. There is some good news with this one. I was finally able to duplicate the crash being caused by the 3DConnexion devices (including the SpacePilot) and I was able to fix it in X4 MU2. X4 MU2 was just released two days ago so you should be able to download it or get it from your reseller.

Regards,

Joe McCollough

Systems Group Manager

CNC Software, Inc.

• 6 years later...