Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 MU2 bug -.stp translate

Plastmo

According to CNC software and Shopware Inc., as of 12-04-09 this is a bug. I have the same issue bringing in a solidworks file or a pro-e file. To get around this issue use the Regenerate Display List after you open the file or save the file then open the file with the same session of mastercam. We did not have this issue before MU2 but with MU1 we could not open Solidworks file 2010. I understand that Solidworks is ready or almost ready to release service pack 1. Maybe it will not create any issues with Mastercam, we can only hope.

Tried to edit but it didnt work so here is additional lines.

This was determined by a technical support member of Shopware Inc after he accessed my computer with the "goto meeting" software and verified settings and went through the process of opening the file for hiself. With the file sent to him for opening he had no issues on his comptuer.

After uninstalling all versions and any files associated with Mastercam and deleting files out of the registery( this was done with tech help from shopware), then reinstalling X4 and only MU2, I still have the same issues.

I installed SW 2010 SP1 EV (early visiblity)

this weekend and it seems to play with Win 7

a little better..

I have not noticed any difference with

SW2010 SP1EV parasolids when I import them into

X4.

If you want to try it, go to your Customer Profile on the SolidWorks Support site.

Once you do that, Solidworks Update Check

will see EV Service Packs and allow you to install them.