Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

creating acrs/fillets problem X4MU2

Code_Breaker

I am having problems when creating arcs and fillets in aircraft space with a NAMED WCS...

It doesn't matter if the 2D/3D toggles switch in one position or the other -- same results

I will place the arc/fillet on the Z level of the system WCS and not on the NAMED WCS ...

For example:

1) WCS is created with geometry at 901.3 inches in Z from the system WCS

2) Construction and Tool Planes equal NAMED WCS

3) Set Z depth to 2.350, toggle 2D/3D to 2D

4) Create arc or fillet

It does it on Z-898.95 (same as 2.35 on the system WCS)

1 and 2 same as above

3) Set Z depth to 2.350, toggle 2D/3D to 3D

4) Create arc or fillet

It does it on Z-898.95 (same as 2.35 on the system WCS)

Why is this happening? cuckoo.gif

Yeah there is still something flakey going on with the WCS manager. I get that not saved BS sometimes when I select WCS and t/c planes through the WCS manager.

I have found if you go down to the status bar to planes and then select named views then select your WCS from there that not saved not will go away.

I really wish they would get this one figured out.

quote:

I have found if you go down to the status bar to planes and then select named views

I have the Named Views ( for planes) as an icon on my toolbars and use it for selecting construction planes.... and I can't recall ever having this problem.. I wonder if there is a

connection.

quote:

I have found if you go down to the status bar to planes and then select named views then select your WCS from there that not saved not will go away.

tried that ... still same ... lines are OK, but arcs are NOT OK

quote:

I have the Named Views ( for planes) as an icon on my toolbars and use it for selecting construction planes....

I have View Manager instead ...

Is there a Setting ==> configuration?

Code breaker can you try this:

1. Go in to view manager create a new WCS by copy systerm top WCS.

2. From view manager select origin of that new WCS at end point of your geometry at Z901.3, make sure new origin are associated.

3. Set WCS=CT=TP= WCS you created and then draw your circles see if it work.

"FYI ... I am using Create arc 3 points ... tan to line, endpoint of 2nd line, tan to 2nd line ..."

I guess I'm missing something but is that really three points? Have you tried making an arc using a different method?just to see if you can make "any" arcs... or are you just trying to fillet?

quote:

tan to line

This is considered a point ... but to answer your question, I've tried different way and the all work except this and arc tangent to two enitities (even when the exact distance is known) ... worked in X2 and X3 OK ...

Also, when making an arc (like high-speed loops) bewteen parallel arcs or lines, the fillet command doesn't work, but have used this method for years ... it saves me the problem of knowing what the radius SHOULD BE ...

Nothing wrong with a "work-a-round", but it takes time to either create the arc and THEN use Analyze Entity Properties and change the Z value, or us Xform Project to the intended Z value ...