Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam Not Showing Lines

Vern27

I am a student still learning the ins and outs of MasterCam and I have the X4 demo to practice at home with. However the lines refuse to show up until I zoom. This wasn't happening on my laptop with Windows XP, though the laptop was having issues with extreme slowness. I just got a new HP computer with Windows 7 installed on it. The PC has 8GB of RAM, so I was excited to try working with MasterCam on it. Working on a major group project, so being able to try out ideas at home lightens the load in class.

I hope this doesn't seem like too dumb of a question.

quote:

Go to settingsconfigurationscreen and then under "Graphics Support" Put a check mark on Disable Hardware Acceleration

this is a very last choice as it moves all the

video proccessing from your video card to

your CPU.. overall performance takes a heavy hit

when you do this...not to mention it wastes all the money you spent on the super duty video card.. biggrin.gif

for some machines its the only choice.. but should only be done when all else has failed.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for the help. I tried each of the tips. The first one actually worked to solve the main issue, though made my computer look different. I suppose I can just switch back and forth when I need to use the demo. Right now I'm actually using it to draw some fixture designs.

• 7 years later...
5 hours ago, Suhas puthur said:

I have a problem my system mastercam x5 the machinetype is cannot visible on the screen. How can solve this problem? 

Can you make a quick toolpath, save it and attach a z2g file?

Someone needs to take a look at your at your settings to see what might need to be changed..