Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak 640 fusion setup

tooling

I have a mazak vmc that I am trying to program for the first time off line. I saved my program on a floppy and trying to load it into the machine. The machine can not see the program. It is posted as an eia file. How do I have to load the program? I spent over an hour on hold for mazak yesterday and never got thru.

Thanks

-File must be in a folder on the floppy. The folder name can't have any spaces.

-File must be numerical, representing your program number. Example : 1234.eia

-You don't need a % at the start or end of the file.

-The RS232 is a MUCH better way to transfer the files.

quote:

I assume you drop the program to the machine's hard drive when you say that instead of data I/O.

Is that correct?

It depends on size.

All programs are posted to a pc out on the shop floor by default. Folders are arranged by Customer with individual job sub-folders.

If the program is small enough to fit in the machine memory (8MB), the Data I/O is directed to the proper folder and loaded.

For programs larger than 8MB, I can drag n drop onto the machine hard drive right from my desk in the office, or the shop pc, or from the Windows based control itself. These larger programs run in Tape Mode.

It's my understanding that if you use data I/O to write from the machine (not read) any data already in the desination folder will be gone. That makes me a bit nervous.

In some cases we would like to write out the tool offset info, and it would sure be nice to name that data file but I am told the control will only read the default name.

If you have any suggestions, please share them for it would be very helpful.

Thank you.

quote:

It's my understanding that if you use data I/O to write from the machine (not read) any data already in the desination folder will be gone. That makes me a bit nervous.

This is true, don't ask me how I know! bonk.gifcurse.gif

You need to create a separate folder to Upload to, and then do whatever you want with it manually.

As for the tool offsets, That I can't answer. Sorry.

Dave, I haven't networked a Fusion control, only the Matrix controls. It's pretty easy on the Matrix. It's supposed to be pretty easy on the Fusion also, but I've never really pursued it. It's low on the priority list, because I actually like the RS232 on the Fusion better than the ethernet on the Matrix. With the RS232, you just hit "ALL LOAD>START", and send as many programs as you want. You don't have to type in program numbers, or select programs, or anything like that.

I'll never go back to sneakernet again. That drives me nuts!

"In some cases we would like to write out the tool offset info, and it would sure be nice to name that data file but I am told the control will only read the default name."

Create a folder on the Mazak's harddrive just for tool offsets. In that folder, create subfolders and I/O the tool offset info to a unique folder. The folder can be given the name of the program to which the tool offsets belong. If you have ethernet to the machine, the tools can be preset offline and the offsets sent to the folders.

quote:

Create a folder on the Mazak's harddrive just for tool offsets. In that folder, create subfolders and I/O the tool offset info to a unique folder. The folder can be given the name of the program to which the tool offsets belong. If you have ethernet to the machine, the tools can be preset offline and the offsets sent to the folders.

That’s good advice – thanks. However, without unique names it’s bound to get screwed up.

Joe, I hear ya on the sneakernet. We just always find more important stuff to do around here, not that it's not important but you know what I mean.

• 11 years later...