Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Finish Flowline path

Thoob

Hi, I got another issue with my flowline. i am cutting out a half circle from a 7x7 square part. I have 2 holes in the bottom of the arc. I used create surface fill holes to fill them and added them as a drive surface. The problem now is when I get to the holes, the tool jumps over the holes then comes back down and continues. Because its a 3/4 ball cutter and its only taking .02 cut, it jumps a heck of alot. I hope this is clear enough.

The cleanest way to do this maybe to recreate area as a single surface.

When using flowline on multiple surfaces, the direction of the UV lines can quickly become an issue.

The other option may be the try using Surface Finish Blend instead

Try creating a brand new toolpath. It sounds like your toolpath isn't picking up the new surface.

Also, try the "remove boundary" command instead of creating a separate surface. If you just use the "fill hole" command, it creates a separate surface and you have to make sure you include it in your drive surface geometry.

When you click on the geometry button in the ops manager for that flowline operation, how many drive surfaces does it show? If it only shows (1) then you have not added those new surfaces to your drive surface selection.

HTH,

Colin's suggestion might do it. I've had toolpaths work like yours. You fix the geometry and it still sucks. It's like the original toolpath won't let go of something. Sometimes a fresh toolpath with your fixed geometry will work out better.

Also, check gap settings