Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post information (Not a post request) :)

rdshear

As some of you may know, last year we purchased a new (Large) lathe. The lathe has a Heidenhain 4110 Manual Plus control (Basic 2 axis with 4 position turret). We are now at a point where we want to program to that machine with Mastercam.

I have contacted our reseller to see if they had any exposure to a post for this control. They said they hadn't but we could purchase a custom written post and they would get it develped for us.

I have done post re-writes/mods before and can do so, however I'd like a good starting ground. I have downloaded the mplmaster post and while it is great, it seems to follow the Fanuc G-Code standard. Unfortunately this would require a large amount of modification to make it work without having to make big hand edits after posting.

The Control on the machine follows a European DIN 66025/ISO 6983 standard. Has anyone had any experience with a lathe control that uses this standard? If so, could you post the make and model of the machine/control? Then maybe I could pass the info on to our reseller and they could see if they have access to a post that would require less modification on my part.

Thanks,

Rick

It's been a while since I used a Heidenhain control, but I remember the trick to use ISO G-code is to:

Start and end the program with

%100 G70 (prog #100 for example)

and save the program as 100.I instead of 100.H

I don't think it would be too complicated to modify the mplmaster for this machine.

HTH

Edit: I think that was for a TNC-151 with params set for ISO code.

The Heidenhain TNC-151 is a mill control. The lathe control on this machine is a totally different beast.

What I'm really looking for is anyone who may be familiar with any other lathe that uses the DIN 66025/ISO 6983 standard. Apparently this standard is somewhat common in Europe... Not so much here though frown.gif

If I came across poorly in the last post, I apologize. After re-reading it today, I could see how it could have been taken that way. bonk.gif I do appreciate the offer for help.

Mastercam GURU, I believe you are correct as far as the mill controls go.

With this lathe we have, the programs have a .nc extension. They start with a %filename.nc and end with an END statement.

The basic G-Codes are standard, but setup codes, cycle codes, etc.. are not neccesarily so.

The book calls out the standard as DIN 66025/ISO 6983. Thats why I was looking more for another machine that uses this standard so that I could pass the info to our reseller in case they've worked on a post for something similar to our machine in the past. It could possibly save us time and/or money if we opt to have them develop one for us.

Thanks again,

Rick

quote:

I could pass the info to our reseller in case they've worked on a post for something similar to our machine in the past. It could possibly save us time and/or money if we opt to have them develop one for us.

Rick, in my opinion, on this one in particular, defer to the experts. These controls can be a bit quirky and as you have seen not real well known on this side of the pond.

Sorry I can't be of help on this one, just offering my best advice.

Not a problem John, I kinda figured it would be like finding a the proverbial needle in a haystack. But I figured it was worth a shot.

What will most likely end up happening is my boss will have me develop the post like they did for another of our machines here (VTL with a mill control instead of a lathe control).

If that happens, I'll probably be on here asking the experts for help off and on... As you guys are definately the ultimate source for Mastercam knowledge.