Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CUSTOM SETUP SHEETS

KJP

Depends on what setup sheet your using.

When it comes to Active reports you first need to set Mastercam to use them by going to Settings then Configuration then Toolpathes. At the bottom left there should be a dropdown menu, change it to Active report.

After you save and close all that go to your Operations Mangaer and right click and then click on Setup Sheet at the bottom of the list. Then you will get the oprotunity to take a few snapshots add notes or dimentions.

What you see is the default if you want the Setup Sheet to look different you'll need to edit it. Go to your C:McamX4commonreports folder there you will see a program called ActiveReports_Designer.

When you run that program you'll have to open a file and you'll need to go to the sst folder in the same folder as Active Reports. There you'll find Setup Sheet(Mill).rpx open that one if you need mill.

Now the following files all link to that file:

-Setup Sheet (MILL-FILE).rpx

-Setup Sheet (MILL-OPERATION).rpx

-Setup Sheet (MILL-SZ).rpx

-Setup Sheet (MILL-TOOL).rpx

-Setup Sheet (MILL-TOOLS).rpx

-Setup Sheet (OFFSET).rpx

-Setup Sheet (OFFSETS).rpx

-Setup Sheet (OP).rpx

In each one you can edit the things you see on the setup sheet. On the right of the interface there is section that says Apperance, Behaviour and so on. in that area you can edit the setup sheet turning things on or off by using true or false. Play with it a bit and you'll see what I mean. Or you can just click on the items

But before you start I would make copies of the files above incase you mess things up real bad.

I'll post more later.

If you have any questions just ask.

HTH

Sorry to hack into this post but Greg_J , do you know how I could make a copy of the current active report format and then hack it up so that I only get the tool data. Takes a long time to read operations when doing complex surface work and I would like to be able to just read the tool info for setups ?

Thanks

By editing the files I listed above I was able to just get the main page with picturem, cycle time, tool list and snapshots.

When it comes to running the setup sheet in MC it takes a long while for me too, I have 168 programs that it runs through. I haven't yet got to the editing of the XML which I think has to do with the calculations while it's creating the setup sheet.

• 4 months later...