Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

smalest rad, how to find ?

mig

I like to create surfaces on another level then analyze dynamic on the small "looking" radius surfaces (wireframe on at another color helps). I change those area surfaces to another color that stands out like red or orange (on large parts) so I dont forget to come back and detail them to size with the smaller cutter. If you have vericut you can just go see whats left with stock to highlight the smaller rads.

V9 hadhas analyze, dynamic just as X does - which works great.

However in analyze, surface, curvature - it would shade the all the different radii different colors. You set the radius limits (minimum to maximum detectable radius) and through trial and error figure out the sizes. For example only shade radii from .01 to .025 - if nothing was shaded then reset the radius limits from .025 to .05 etc...

Version 9 also had import GD&T chook, and reverse post (tape to shape) that they got rid of in X, both BAD moves to get rid of, they are useful for their intended purpose. If you have an old NC program and no source file...reverse post was your only ticket to shop support without redraw.

or back to the original question on identify smallest "radii" ....

- call create/curve/all edges

make all your edge curves like superman said)

- call select/all/arcs

- call edit/trim break/close arc

- use QM (quickmask) lines and delete the lines

what this leaves you with is all arcs as full circles and any other splines...I think one thing you should be aware of is the edge curves may come out as splines in some places; this'll make 'em stand out so you can check arc fits in their locations