Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Proposed Dynamic Mill Feed and Speed Database

Chris Rizzo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh yeah still updated. Although people haven't been posting for a while, using it quite a bit though, which is great.

I have to manually go in and rearrange entries as they are added. New entries are added at the end, then I move them to the respective material columns.

Greyman everything for your entries show up in the proper fields as you entered them, far as I can see it. I'm assuming you want the first a36 entry (with the 4750 rpm .5 cutter) to be changed to 304?

thx!

Oh yeah still updated. Although people haven't been posting for a while, using it quite a bit though, which is great.

I have to manually go in and rearrange entries as they are added. New entries are added at the end, then I move them to the respective material columns.

Greyman everything for your entries show up in the proper fields as you entered them, far as I can see it. I'm assuming you want the first a36 entry (with the 4750 rpm .5 cutter) to be changed to 304?

thx!

i know you probably have alot to do as this is the way of the trade but it would be really nice to be able to search the database by each parameter.

I'm using Google docs for hosting it, and unfortunately it is rather limited in the functionality. For example I've got the first column frozen, however it only is frozen for me (the administrator), and not for general users. I'm sure a big frustration.

The most organizationally correct thing I can do right now is sort my material. hth

Thanks for the feedback thought. Much appreciated.

In Alluminium I use depth of cut 95 percent of flute length (tested 45 mm for end mill16)

Sidestep 1/4 of diameter

For Iscar ECA chatterfree mill 11000 rpm f5000-7000 mm/min or more.

Tested Hanita ,Iscar ,SGS ,DfH all with good results

Rpm can be higher too if you have an option for faster spindel

The limit for feed is your spindel load .(I try to keep 60 percent max)

Enter into material by hellix 2 degrees 3 mm dia full feed.

Use microlift 0.3 mm

Use all dinamic procedures mostly Dinamic area milling and optirough

For stainless I still had no posssibility to test but I suspect same good results.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
40 minutes ago, Phil f said:

Cant access the spreadsheet anymore. Relatively new to this forum so any help would be appreciated. Wasnt having any problems till today but now none of the links are active anymore.

This spread sheet may be gone for good

I don't know where it was stored, but Chris is no longer with us

• 2 years later...
51 minutes ago, moses_1957 said:

Been using this for years and checked it today, got sorry page you have requested has been deleted. Anyway to find it now? i should have made a copy! any help would be appreciated.

Chris was taken from us to early and there have been some side efforts to keep it active, but I cannot find them. HSMAdvisor is what we recommend to all our customers. 

Here is a link: https://hsmadvisor.com/