Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Proposed Dynamic Mill Feed and Speed Database

Chris Rizzo

Page to Upload your Dynamic Mill Data

A few rules:

Please only enter data that YOU'VE ACTUALLY SEEN CUT. The whole purpose of this is to collect real world data and not re-hash charts and salesmen.

Have as much information as possible. You will need material, tool brand and p/n, and alot of data from your dynamic mill toolpath parameters. Have your mastercam screen available.

I consider this chart dynamic itself, if you make an error or would like to update something just shoot me an email.

Ideas and feedback welcome. (a few features are in the works)

cheers.gif

Guys,

My recommendation with your operations in aluminum is to increase your radial step over to at least 20-25% of your cutter. As long as you don't exceed that, you will seriously increase your MRR. 10% stepover would be good if you are going greater than 2:1 depth to diameter... I only drop that low in aluminum when going 3:1 or more...

I use 5-15% radial step over in hard metals...

Hopefully the optirough will have a routine in it at the end of the toolpath it will go back and do step reductions on angled walls so you don't have huge scallops from the large axial stepdowns capable with this toolpath. Anyone care to comment, beta testers? Surfcam does this with the 3d version of tru-mill.

• 4 weeks later...