Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Goddard

Tool Offset Post Help

Hello all. I am working on a X3 post for a Haas verticle 4 axis based on the MPmaster. I am not a post guy at all but I am getting close with your help from the seach function. I can not get it to post length and dia. offset the same as the tool #. Went to control def >tools > add to tool, length 0 dia 0. still outputting #'s from tool parameters. I also tried it from the machine def > edit control def > tools and so on but no change on the posted code. What am I overlooking? Thanks in advance....Kevin

Nevermind, I figured it out. It will not fix tools already selected before changing the defs. You must renumber the tool then it fills in the offset automatically. Thanks .

I always insert the following code into the "Additional General Output Settings" section to force the H and D the same as the tool in case I forget.

tloffno$ = t$

tlngno$ = t$

If you want to add to the t# do it like this

tloffno$ = t$+50 (Dia. Offset)

tlngno$ = t$ (Length Offset)

HTH