Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sunset Sale

gcode

V9 will become a dead version with the release

of X5 in the fall of 2010..

If you've been holding out all thse years, here's your chance to upgrade to X5 at a bargain price.

70 % off

quote:

If you are a customer running Mastercam Version 9, now is the time to update your software. With the release of Mastercam X5 (coming in Fall 2010) Mastercam Version 9 will no longer be supported and you will not be able to update without buying at full price. By updating now you avoid having to repurchase the software. Act now and you can save an incredible 70% off. If you don't act soon you will lose your valuable investment in Mastercam!

Guys,

I'm cutting chips with X5 without issue, and very happy to be given the chance to do so.

All I can say is that the wait will be worthwhile, and X5 will not be a replay of the X4 release. wink.gif

I know many of you maintenance customers think you're losing out, but IMHO, you are not.

Hang in there, and let the Gods(AE's) do their thing.

I'm not concerned with waiting until it's completely through it's beta cycle to final release. However, I think when it begins to near final release, it'd be nice to make public what the new improvements are especially to those on maintenance. I'm just glad I was there while the peak was available. It gave me a taste of things to come.

just an FYI....the link I posted I got from this very forum.....tho I cannot find the thread where I first saw it. I just happened to bookmark it when I did see it.

I was/am surprised that the document was hosted on an official Mastercam site...guess that particular site does not honor the beta rules.

If someone hasn't upgraded from V9 by now, they probably aren't going to upgrade. I seriously don't see what the big fuss is from going from V9 to X, I've used it since day one when it came out and I cannot ever see me going back. If I were looking for a job and all they had was V9 I would walk away. If they don't care enough to keep up with the times then god forbid what they think of the employee's. Just my opinion though.

LOL. I was told not to share the link/PDF, I downloaded. And I did't, because I respect the guy that asked me not to.

But I went to google and was able to search for the very same link, and it showed up on the first page.

The entire world is allowed to view it, but we can't share it with fellow Mastercam users?

quote:

The entire world is allowed to view it, but we can't share it with fellow Mastercam users?

Its not supposed to be there and I'll bet Italy's

Mastercam dealer gets a rather pointed communication from headquaters this morning biggrin.gif

at this point its a lost cause though. The cat is out of the bag and efforts at containment just look silly.

I got to see a working demo of X5 last week at a local GTG with my reseller, CNC Software, and Iscar.

For the lathe, they fixed none of the problems. As a matter of fact when I asked if they had worked on any of the issues with the lathe, the guys there from CNC Software just looked at me like I was stupid and told me that they were not aware of any issues with the current version of lathe.

That being said, there are a few tweaks in the new lathe. Since CNC has been working directly with Iscar, there are some new tool paths that are just for some Iscar tools. There is a new lathe groove tool path for Iscars turn groove line.

On the mill side there was some new tool paths for HEM (High Efficiency Milling). They use Iscars proprietary formulas and based on some basic info to come up with speeds, feeds, step-over, and tool paths for HEM.

They also showed a few other roughing and finishing tool paths for those with level 3.

That's about all they showed, but they said there was more. It was mostly dedicated to the new tool paths for use with Iscar tools. The demo was at Iscars US headquarters. Then we went back to the shop where they make all the custom inserts, tool holders, and custom boring bars. They has a lathe and mill demo setup for showing some of the new tools and tool paths.

quote:

Just because there is a cracked version of Mcam doesn't mean that it's OK to use it.

The same goes for keeping the Beta guidelines in check.

Someone effed up.

That doesn't make it OK to make little of, bash, or share what was in that Pdf. That is proprietary property of Cnc Inc.

It's out there because someone broke the Beta agreement. frown.gif

BTW - I'm sure that Pdf wasn't done yet anyway, as it's a Beta version, and neither is the release, as it's a Beta version too.

quote:

It's out there because someone broke the Beta agreement.

It was out there because the Italian Mastercam dealer made it available for download....

which is why I didn't pull it down the second I

saw it. I figured if a dealer put it up, it must be OK..