Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sunset Sale

gcode

at the end of the day all that matters is that I signed an NDA to be a beta site and I take my signature seriously..

having said that.. there will probably be a

crack version on the torrent sites before

maintenance users get thier legal copy.

quote:

at the end of the day all that matters is that I signed an NDA to be a beta site and I take my signature seriously..

Tom,

I don't think anyone is asking you to provide the details. My comments are based on how I view CNC's policies as a customer.

quote:

Just because there is a cracked version of Mcam doesn't mean that it's OK to use it.

The same goes for keeping the Beta guidelines in check.

I like how you compare something that is illegal to something that is easily searched for on the internet.

quote:

I like how you compare something that is illegal to something that is easily searched for on the internet.

I'm comparing something illegal with, something illegal.

To be specific, I was referring to sharing or distributing what was accidentally made public.

I don't see any problem with reading it now that it's out there, I just don't think it's OK to distribute it freely. As a forum members, we need to show some respect. That's all.

The site that put Beta info up broke the same Beta guidelines that I'm bound to, no more or no less, it is illegal to do so. Even if it was a mistake or accident, reseller or end user.

An illegal cracked version is easily searched on the internet as well, so I don't see your point.

JM2C

quote:

Ditto. smile.gif

I only post here about once a year so of course my opinions, to the high count old boys, don’t mean diddly but..... I remember a similar flap over screen shots of X when it was about to be released 6 years ago. Someone posted these screenshots and got all the chickens in this hen house totally in a tizzy. Even one or two CNC employees entered the fray here on this board and chastised the poster. The fact was that the screen shots in question were off of a promo tri-fold flier that CNC was handing out at IMTS 4 days before the emastercam fracas!!!! What we have here is a failure to communicate. Or maybe it’s evidence that within CNC the left hand doesn’t know what the right is scratching. FWIW once an authorized reseller releases a Promo PDF (essentially a press release) to the general public it is public. It’s not illegal to distribute it further regardless of whether there was an internal misunderstanding. I’m personally dealing with a very similar situation involving hundreds of photographs and the Getty archives.

It's this last line that really pissed me off.

quote:

If you don't act soon you will lose your valuable investment in Mastercam!

Exactly how? Or should I just be so scared that I stop thinking and hand over $ to CNC. We have one seat of v9 that hasn't been updated since Godzilla last attacked Tokyo. It's still working fine as is the Old timer who's using it. He refuses to use X4 and I refuse to share so we happily make parts.

quote:

Exactly how?

Simple enough.. Owners of V9 currently have upgrade rights. You can upgrade that seat of V9

to X4 for up to 70% off the purchase price.

That is a good deal.

Once X5 comes out this fall V9 will be a dead release.

No upgrade rights.. no service .. no support.

You can't upgrade it and will pay full boat

if you need a seat of modern software.

Its increasingly difficult to buy a computer that will run V9.. though that's not a big deal if you build your own.

Personally I'd do it even if the old greezer refuses to run X4.

If you think that seat of V9 will take care of you forever, let it die. If you think you may need a newer version someday, you're leaving a boatload of cash on the table by letting your upgrade rights expire.

Sooo why not let the V9 guys see what they are going to miss in X5. I didnt see it but I gather it was just a PDF, not the source code, not the mathematic algorithms, not the codes for our nuclear arsenal.

Didnt really like X when it first came out but now I would quite this profession if I ever had to go back to V9.

Not upgrading from V9 to X5 is a serious case of penny wise, dollar dumb.

Our investment in Mastercam was to make parts not to save money on a future upgrade. AFAIK V9 will still function exactly as it did the day before the offer expires as it will the day after and therefor there will be no investment lost. I didn't buy my car with the hope that someday the dealer will offer a fabulous trade special in on that particular model. I just hate fear tactics in marketing as I do in politics and that's exactly what that was.

Oh and gcode, this is the only time to my knowledge that CNC has offered a discount anywhere near this big. When we upgraded from X to X3 we got raked over the coals for expired maintenance blah blah blah. For a level 3 seat it was frigging expensive to the point that I think we should have just bought a new seat and had another that we really could be using now. The investment value in upgrade path/right argument is so BS it's embarrassing to someone of your intelligence.

quote:

therefor there will be no investment lost.

today that seat of V9 is worth $10K+ towards a seat of X4 (with a free upgrade to X5??)

In Novemeber it will be worth nothing towards the same upgrade. If you are going to run V9 forever, you've lost nothing... otherwise you're leaving a lot of cash on the table.

You may not like the marketing hype, but facts is facts..

quote:

this is the only time to my knowledge that CNC has offered a discount anywhere near this big.

yes it is,, they know they've got a lot of V9

holdouts and they are offering a really sweet upgrade deal.. what's wrong with that??

and you're right.. let a seat get 3 versions behind, it freakin' hurts to get current....

so I'll say it again...this is a really good deal!!!