Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Supersitions

Tyler Robertson

quote:

"Also always select my own planes other than TOP as mastercam default planes produce wierd code and positions. "

I typically leave Mcam's WCS set to TOP and program around the part using custom tool planes :I'm all ready wearing Nomex: (well that's another OCD)

• 3 years later...

Save After checking all the features of the dialog box i may be in and then verify it then save again. And when all done at the end print a X+ with tool path pic and tool list with notes then check it for tool numbers and D numbers to make sure no errors and then save 1 more time, plus you get a time stamp thats pretty close to real time for machine run time. then save and then one last check of the program numbers in the Op's mgr and then post to code and see if we have any errors. Then check the posted code for a warm fuzzy feeling  and then to the machine. and then run the sim on the machine to see if it looks good and gets no alarms like c/comp or funny code. IE long text notes. then let it rip !

You cannot program a 3 turret machine with all 3 having a Y axis and use a Mastercam post that will give you 3 streams of Data from one post at one time all with the correct labels.

Cannot Support Fanuc Jump Programming with Mastercam.

Cannot Support Pinch Turning with Mastercam.

Cannot do Dynamic Milling with the C axis on all 3 turrets.

Cannot get Sync Code correct from Mastercam using Misc Reals and the Toolpath Editor.

Yes nice to use Mastercam to show people yes all the above can be done with Lathe/Mill.

Crazy^Mill/Turn, Crazy^Millman still the crazy person getting the job done no matter what life throws in front of me.

I thank the Lord for giving me my talents and abilities. Like I said this week Doers just Do.

You cannot program a 3 turret machine with all 3 having a Y axis and use a Mastercam post that will give you 3 streams of Data from one post at one time all with the correct labels.

Cannot Support Fanuc Jump Programming with Mastercam.

Cannot Support Pinch Turning with Mastercam.

Cannot do Dynamic Milling with the C axis on all 3 turrets.

Cannot get Sync Code correct from Mastercam using Misc Reals and the Toolpath Editor.

Yes nice to use Mastercam to show people yes all the above can be done with Lathe/Mill.

Crazy^Mill/Turn, Crazy^Millman still the crazy person getting the job done no matter what life throws in front of me.

I thank the Lord for giving me my talents and abilities. Like I said this week Doers just Do.

Whoa whoa whoa, crazy guy!

This is a superstition thread, not a gripe thread!

Anyway, can't you do balanced turning and syncing with the mill/turn add on?

What is jump programming?

When your boss comes in the room shouting and cursing saying he promised this job to the customer and it has to be out at treatments in 2 days.

Ron, am I close :D

And ref superstitions, before shutting mastercam down, I'll save the file, wait, then hit file new, and then close.

I read here back a while that on saving and file newing, files would get over-written if the network was slow???

So that's my method.

regen and select all toolpaths before i save

hit clear colors before i save

close mc before opening a new file.

always save the file i'm working on to the server and local machine.

part model = level 2, part wireframe = level 2, all toolpath geometry starts at level 10 and then increments of 10. Always copy wireframe geometry from level 1 to new level never move.

Glad i'm not the only one with OCD.  :cheers:

Jump Programming a logic process that allows you to tell certain machines where parts are at in operations. Once it is defined it allows you to jump certain parts of the programming without having to worry about air cuts or other things. Pretty neat something new I learned last week.

Yes I was being a smart arse.

- Do a dance around my desk and pray to the CAD/CAM gods for no crashes

- Hit the save button constantly ( this has become such a severe habit for me that it has filtered into every other thing I do on the PC ) 

- Simplify all curves prior to toolpath creation

- Select all and hit delete duplicates

These are just a few things. I imagine I do a few more but have ingrained them so far into my soul that I just can't remember, I just do them !