Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

no more then 2 chains allowed

Thoob

Why do I get this error? Its on lathe. I have a part that has 5 different diameters and when I try to chain it, it gives me that error. I tried different methods, ie window, single and contour but they never cover all of where I want to cut. Is there something I'm doing wrong when selecting the cutting profile? I have not been using lathe long, I have only been using mill for the last 8 years. When chaining on lathe, is it that much different than mill?

Sorry, its for OD profile. I did that but it was stopping short of the contour. I ended up deleting a line between that was not in the chain. It had kept stopping there for some reason and now it goes fine.Meh, gotta play a bit I guess. lol. Thank you. I do however have one more question. I somehow switched my backplot to be in radius, rather than diameter. It still posts fine, except the backplot is backplotting in radius. How do I switch that back?

• 7 years later...

Almost certainly a problem with your chain. Gaps , overlaps or duplicate entities would be my first check. Zoom in on the endpoints. Gaps will be obvious if you zoom in enough. Sweeping you cursor over the endpoints will reveal overlaps. Analyse the chain also to check for overlaps. Duplicate entities can usually be dealt with using the delete duplicates function. Or you can go whole hog and do a RAM save, my favored option as it clears all the duplicates in the file and clears your memory as a bonus.

You won't normally get an error if you do not select the correct plunge parameter, it just won't plunge .

• Like 1