Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post problems

jaxmold

I recently purchased a 5 axis post for an 11 yr old Hermle C800U, with a Heidenhain TNC 430 control, from Inhouse solutions. I thought, since the machine was a decade old, that I would be provided an bullet proof proven post. Not the case! I work/live in Ontario and do programming for 3 associated companies in the USA, (brothers manage each shop). This week I am visiting the Ohio shop where the Hermle is installed. I just programmed a sample tractor tread lug for them and wanted to see them cut it. All went well until they tried to run a 5 axis swarf cut. The tool was not positioned to the correct spot, the rotary motions were incorrect, and there were several formatting problems with the code. I am now trouble shooting the problems with Inhouse over the phone and via internet. I am now spending a week to do a day's work. Extremely frustrating. There I feel better. Rant over.

oh, they have it locked down. bummer.

it would be alot of work to get the generic 5axis post supplied with MC configured to output for the TNC, with their odd-ball format; drill cycles anyone? yuk.

i hear In House is great with posts (they even have a cool forum), hit them-up maybe it is some simple oversite in the MC file or post.

Jax,

I went through the EXACT same issues you are going through. You basically purchased a post for a TNC530i instead of a TNC430. I'm post savvy enough to make the simple changes/formats myself but In-House does bin most of the good stuff. In a way I can't blame them because they are protecting their IP but I personally bought the post to learn how MP handles the kinematic math and the spatial rotation logic.... all of which are in binary. I really haven't learned anything other than the guys at In-House are some really smart/cool dudes! (Ivan is da' man!)

My post works perfectly now but it did take a good bit of work on my end and a few emails back and forth with my reseller and In-House to straighten out the bin. If I can help you with anything that doesn't involve the binary I'd be more than glad to talk.... just shoot me an email.

Good luck! cheers.gif

Josh

Thanks for the offer Josh. I might take you up on it in the future. Inhouse has been very prompt and professional dealing with my post issues but, as you said, I'm not learning much. Going back and forth with them we have ironed out 90% of the problems. Only 10% to go. There is light at the end of the tunnel!