Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Please post here if you are new to the Forum

Webby

If you are new to the Forum, please post a Reply to this thread. This will get you through the registration process, and familiar with how the forum engine works.

Why not let us know what part of the world you are from, and what kind of work you are involved in.

------------------

eMastercam.com

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Webmaster:

If you are new to the Forum, please post a Reply to this thread. This will get you through the registration process, and familiar with how the forum engine works.

Why not let us know what part of the world you are from, and what kind of work you are involved in.

I'm with Pacific Technology Systems in British Columbia, Canada and we are the Mastercam representatives on the west coast.

I'll get the hang of this eventually here. Okay where I'm from and what I do. I'm in Calgary Albert and am a self taught user of Mastercam. I am in a constant battle with the forces at large here in the workplace between my system that I prefer(mastercam) and the bosses son's system (Artisan). I tipically end up fixing his stuff or just redoing it. Yahoo mastercam. I wouldn't mind takeing a proper course in Mastercam one of these days if I could just find out some info on training courses in Canada. Other then that lets see where the Year 2000 takes us

Guest Duane Weidinger In-House Solutio

quote:

Originally posted by bavarian:

I'll get the hang of this eventually here. Okay where I'm from and what I do. I'm in Calgary Albert and am a self taught user of Mastercam. I am in a constant battle with the forces at large here in the workplace between my system that I prefer(mastercam) and the bosses son's system (Artisan). I tipically end up fixing his stuff or just redoing it. Yahoo mastercam. I wouldn't mind takeing a proper course in Mastercam one of these days if I could just find out some info on training courses in Canada. Other then that lets see where the Year 2000 takes us

Check out the following options for Mastercam training; http://www.mastercam-canada.com/education/...ning/index.html

also SAIT offers Mastercam Training, you may want to check them out.

I am the Operations Manager for a leading Stretch Blow Mould manufacturer in Cambridge Ontario. I am currently looking for a better method in either solids or surfaces of drawing closure threads with accurate lead-in and lead-out. Thedoctor mentioned a c-hook called felix in his thread question. Is this applicable?

The C-Hook is called Thelix. It creates a helix as a parametric spline with center at X0Y0. You would then have to create a surface (or solid) using a cross section swept along the spline.

The Spiral C-Hook could also be potentially used. The inputs are slightly different, but it creates one spline per revolution, rather than one spline for the entire helix.

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 04-04-2000).]

Hello:

I am new here also. My company is located in Portland, Maine. USA. We manufacture Industrial Brakes and Controls for the Converting Industry.

We are in the process of evaluating CNC-Cam programs.

Where I am the Cad [Cadkey99] Guru here I was elected to help evaluate what's available. However; my area of expertise is Cad and not Cam so this is also a learning process for me.

I am impressed with what I have seen of Mastercam to date; having seen a brief demo by a Job-shop. Now I need to know how it would work with Cadkey99-Cadkey-20.

Cadkey99 can output "sat[sab]"; solid iges, dxf, step, parasolid x_t and stl files.

So... my first question will be: is anyone on this forum using Cadkey as their Cad program and exporting files to mastercam?..and if so; how is it working out for you?

Thanks in advance.

------------------

PMJR

• 3 weeks later...

I am a student at Lambton-Kent Compostie School in Chatham-Kent. I am very interst in the CnC programing part of the machining field and just try to gain all the knowledge I can get in one of the best technical school in Ontario

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dunny (edited 05-01-2000).]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm a Mastercam Dealer in Ontario, California, USA. I'm always looking to find discussions about Mastercam.

Glad it's here

James

------------------

;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am Mastercam reseller and current user with experience in woodworking applications. Currently I am training and consulting for a company that has purchased an ANDII CNC router and has integrated Mastercam as part of their cad/cam software package. In-house Solutions has provided exceptional post work and support. Of the several cam software I have used in the woodworking field, Mastercam has been the best in terms of it's ability to associate geometry with toolpath, tools, etc. Looking forward to learning from other Mastercam users.

Hi folks, I'm doing tool and die work, mostly surface and complex profiles in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I learned MasterCAM back on version 3.?? level 3......scarry!! Learned lots though. Looking forward to sharing ideas with all of you.

Hi,

I'm from Wichita, KS and am new to Mastercam. For the last 10 years I have worked in aerospace programming Catia. I have what may be a stupid question. Is there a way to pick a line as a tool axis vector, or must you always be tangent or normal to a surface? Thanks