Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Please post here if you are new to the Forum

Webby

Hi!

I'm from Evergreen, Colorado. I've been in this trade for 35 years and have used Mastercam for the last 12 years. I started with ver 3 and have worked my way up to ver 8. It's a great program and this forum looks like it will be very helpfull. I hope to pick up some good tips and pass a few along.

------------------

Val

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey All. Ive been running Mastercam about a year and half. Just love it. Just upgraded to V8. Trying to find some answers to a few bugs. I'm from northern lower Michigan and hoping everything stays as well as it's been.I like most everything to do with the outdoors. So I'm not quite sure how I ended up behind a desk all day. But I know I'll manage somehow.

Hello All,

I've been lucky to work at a company that has been doing CAD/CAM for a long time. I've been with Masterscam since Ver 3.3 wooo hooo.We used a lot of different products before this and even had our OWN in house written, 2 1/2D toolpath software. So, go to www.sarnoff.com . and check out all the things that we do. I'm sure your familiar with, Direct/TV, LCD displays, HDTV, Color TV, smile.gif, bla bla bla enough of the ad...

-Keith G.

I work in Centerline, MI using M/Cam Design at least since V 4 (now V 8). Started using it for checking Iges translations from Catia for our CMM but began using it for everything! I like to watch Engineers faces turn red when I make M/Cam do something they swore was impossible, or in a fraction of the time their "High End" CAD systems take. Looking forward to sharing ideas with others to use M/Cam to its full potential. Ex. Is anyone interested in generating HLR from surfaces?

Hello, I own a job shop in Salt Lake City. I recently purchased V8.

I'm looking for a post for my Mori Seiki SL1-A Lathe. It has a Yasnac LX1 control. It is backwards were X- is increasing the diameter. My retailer had one close but it is requiring a lot of editing. Any help is appreciated. Mike

If you have a post that is close, chances are that using another post as a starting point would be taking some steps backwards. If you are editing the code already, you should be able to send the sample mc7/mc8 file, your post (pst/txt files) and the edited code for the job to your reseller for post editing. They may quote you for the work, depending on what agreement was established before the sale. They are also other avenues to explore for post editing - covered under the topic "Allen-Bradley 9/260 w/ Motion Master".

This is my first post on the thread.

I live in Southern California.

I work in a shop that uses brand X CAD/CAM.

I work from my home at night as a

contract programmer.

I bought MC-V8 with solids for my contract

programming and am very happy with it.

The more I use it, the better I like it.

This forum is a great idea.

I hope there are some post gurus here

cause I have a lot of post questions

Hello Everyone! I work for Cascade Corporation, we manufacture fork lift attachments and components. We do lots of flat plate work, valve bodies, gearcases, casting maching, and some large bearings on our lathes. I have been using MCV7-V8 mill,lathe with the solids package. I do lots of tombstone machining, family of parts, all 2.5 axis machining. The v8 lathe associativity has been a dream come true! Cascade uses Unigraphics for all our Eng. I do alot of parasolid importing from UG and Solid Edge. I am looking forward participating in this forum! WWW.cascorp.com -Regards - Mitch

Hi: Frank from Michigan here. I've been using Mastercam for 3 yrs. and still am learning new things everyday. I am the only programmer in a prototype shop with 30 CNC machines.....so I stay pretty busy. We have been making anything from Chevy nascar heads, to complete engines from castings, also billet wheels for show cars. This forum will be greatly appreciated if I have an unanswered question. Thank You

Hi, I just found the forum but am not new to mastercam.I have been a user since ver. 3.2 now running v7 for mill lathe & wire. We are a manufacturer in Bristol Ct. and make a assortment of components from screw machine parts to machine tool components.We also run Cad-key in or engineering division.

Hi all, I have been using Mastercam for 10 years for wire work. DOS version 3.0 believe it or not for the first 8 !! I now use version 6. I and my family run a Tool and Die, Special Machine Shop in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I have a Hitachi H304P and have just taken delivery on a Charmilles Robofil 230 (need post...help).

Looking forward to some good exchanges of info on this board.

Hi very one !

Kenneth Potter here

I,m a Alias Wavefront surface modeler & cnc programmer with a variety of cad & cam systems privatly owned & operated . I'v worked with a variety of system packages & Mastercam is just one to boot.I'm very impressed with this forum & looking forward to meeting new friends & sharing techical information in regards to Mastercam and its applications.

I currenly work as a freelance cnc programmer

& complex surface model designer.

Nice Forum

[This message has been edited by Kenneth Potter (edited 09-10-2000).]

Hello everyone. Have been a Mastercam user scene 1987 Can help people with any question

that pertains to using and applying mastercam

in 2D or 3D Have been a beta tester for years. Also a Unigraphics user.

Glad to see that CNC Software has a chat forum now.

Regards,

Brent Robinson

B&R Mold, Inc.

------------------