Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

POST Editing

I am a proficient programmer in vb and am currently looking into editing a master post for the CNC dept.

Can someone guide me to some resources about post editing, the formats, syntax and available resources within post?

I want the post to terminate when if a declaration is not met. In other words, if a specific requirement is not met, then i would want a message to alert the user the reason for termination and then not complete the post process. Is that possible?

• 1 year later...

You could also try contacting your local reseller and ask for the "Mpmaster Quick Reference Guide, (Fundamental post processor customization techniques for 3 to 4 axis mill)" published by In-House Solutions.

It's a 170+ page reference book that uses mpmaster for its examples.

You can use some variation of the code below.

The variable exitpost$ will stop the posting process and mprint will display a dialoge box with the error message.

Note that mprint returns a value of 0 or 1, so it has to be written to an integer variable (result in the code below - result may already exist in your post processor).

####################################

#Integer initializations

my_var : 0

result : 0

#String initialization

serror : "ERROR - POST WILL EXIT"

pmy_postblock

if my_var <> 0,

[

result = mprint(serror)

exitpost$

]

####################################

Hope this helps.

I am a proficient programmer in vb and am currently looking into editing a master post for the CNC dept.

Can someone guide me to some resources about post editing, the formats, syntax and available resources within post?

I want the post to terminate when if a declaration is not met. In other words, if a specific requirement is not met, then i would want a message to alert the user the reason for termination and then not complete the post process. Is that possible?

• 2 weeks later...