Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HOLE AXIS FOR X5.

crazy^millman

Yes.. I use the link provided on the first post of this thread.

The install ran fine too..I just ran it over the top of the old install.. no issues at all

Finally got it to work....

A restart didn't work at all....had to do a hard boot....not sure why...didn't have to do that on the last version (X4)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now how cool is that??!!

The centerline hole axis is definitely something I'll be using and wish the heck I had years ago. I used to have to get the CAD guys to ensure that centerlines were included as geometry in any models, then I figured out how to use FBM, Drill to create them for me.

This is much simpler.

Gota admit that I was concerned the first time I tried it. The open Verisurf window went white, the top toolbar also went white, and the dreaded hourglass blinked, and blinked....

Uh-oh I thought, then after about 25 seconds it blanked out, then showed up, slicker than dog sh....! I also had around 260 points that I didn't need that found some of, what will eventually be, painted warnings, in the model. I turned the point generator off and clean as a whistle!

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Reverse is our full reverse package free for 30 days to try out. So much it can do hard to go over it in just one response. Do a search on this user account and will see some of what I have put up. Lets just say it gives Mastercam so very nice tools for Meshing and handling point clouds for creating free form surfaces.

Pierce is a function where you need to create an intersecting point between 2 feature, these feature would be a line, or cylinder to a surface some distance away. So if you had a compound hole and you want to know where the center point on it was to a surface away from it you would want a pierce point and that is where this tool comes in handy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Verisurf reverse is a full reversing module that works inside of Mastercam. It gives you the ability to take point clouds and turn therm into STL/Mesh. With having that we then have other tools that give o the ability to make surfaces. We have customers that do heads for engines, statues, air craft windsheild, turbine recreation, and many other industrial applications. There are companies that use STL/Mesh for dental work, facial reconstruction, surgeries and things that give you a lot of detail without all the bloating of a surface model. The reverse function integrate with Mastercam. One of our demos is take a complex free flowing surface and collect points and then throw a surface path on it. Then make a parallel toolpath in less than one minute start to finish. Another one is take a head port cloud, turn it into a mesh, then surface it, then turn into sheet solid. At that point we can make a Solid Bounding box. Then make it smaller than the area of the shape of the sheet solid. Then lastly take the sheet solid from the box and have a reverse shape for machining a port.

What the trick is collecting data and there are so many different devices and ways to collect it. Verisurf give any Mastercam user the ability to take that collected information and do something with it. We can fit splines through STL/Mech for surface creation. We can fit shapes from collected information. If you get a scan of points that are suppose to represent different prismatic shapes then Verisurf gives you the ability to fit the correct shape, see the results of it and then decided from there to do what you want. There are many different avenues to make something and comes down to what you are looking to do. Verisurf reverse tool for the money is a great value. The great thing is how we handle everything from a program standpoint. We work within Mastercam, but outside of Mastercam for the work we do. We can take 20 million points and use them inside of Mastercam on a 64 bit system when converted to a point cloud. We enhance Mastercam and give the programmer, the designer, the quality person more ways and tools to effectively do their job. The more and more you can get and see results from a job the easier and quicker it will be done so the person can move on to the next job. It comes down to what you are doing how you want to do it. Are there some really good reversing software out there yes, however a lot of those solutions can cost as much or more than a full blown seat of Mastercam. What is most small companies budget for software? Take Verisurf's reverse add-on and now a shop with Mastercam can tkae those wild complex jobs that once seemed impossible and do something with them. The more flexible today's shops are and doing, getting and reproducing work the more they are going to have. Some people may only use 3 to 4 times a year then others may find a use for it everyday. If you need more information you can always email [email protected] and someone will be glad to go over and give you a complete breakdown of pricing and ways it can help in your current manufacturing environment.

You asked so I responded not meant to be a sales pitch, but if you have this need please consider giving us a call.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

did a demo this past week with mike rosa and keith butsgy. i tried to use the hole axis and it "almost" worked perfectly. couple of things:

• the part came from proe in two half's. 100+ holes total.
  • problem is, the engineer designed one side and then mirrored the other half, thus reversing the normals
  • by reversing the normals on one half, hole axis put lines going the wrong way
  • need to option to flip normals on the fly and we need an option to mask on a specific hole size
  • last item, one hole never came out. it did not "point to center" like the some of the holes did and was not in a standard planes like the remaining holes. it was at a compound angle and never worked

i know this is a freebie, so if what i am asking for is not going to happen, dont worry about it.

another option needed is to create points/lines on inside or outside of cylinder. maybe we can do a gotomeeting tomorrow. email me and let me know if you can and what time is good for you. this will also be a company that verisurf as a whole may thrive at. amazing stuff and technology at this company and brilliant people to work with.