Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Setup Sheet and Tool List - 3rd party Add-on

• 2 weeks later...

This question has been asked by someone else in another thread but hasn't received an answer yet. Is there a way to improve the resolution of the screen shot? I noticed when you use the x+ screenshot tool you can get a much clearer image then the one made for the tool list or setup.

The screenshot is the same what you get with the snapshot tool. But the screenshot may be shrinked in your HTM report.

Use CSS if you don't want to shrink it.

By default it may be something like this:

.HEADSCREENSHOT img{
	max-width:600px;
}

If the screenshot is bigger than 600px, then it will be resized to fit 600px.

Check it youself. Right click the image in your browser -> show image / show image info.

• Like 1

Thanks for your response. I guess what prompted this thought was I copied a tool list with screen shot into word. I then made a screen shot of my own using the x+ screenshot tool and replaced that had been output by the tool list (mine is set to 800px for tool lists as it is) and it was much clearer / sharper. I had to "scale" the image in word to make it the same size due to it being a different resolution as you said. Sooo... I guess the question is can you have the higher resolution but yet smaller size like in word?

On 19.4.2017 at 9:45 PM, SnahOlah said:

Thanks for your response. I guess what prompted this thought was I copied a tool list with screen shot into word. I then made a screen shot of my own using the x+ screenshot tool and replaced that had been output by the tool list (mine is set to 800px for tool lists as it is) and it was much clearer / sharper. I had to "scale" the image in word to make it the same size due to it being a different resolution as you said. Sooo... I guess the question is can you have the higher resolution but yet smaller size like in word?

2018B)

new_size.PNG

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

2018B)

new_size.PNG

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

The screenshot is the same what you get with the snapshot tool. But the screenshot may be shrinked in your HTM report.

Use CSS if you don't want to shrink it.

By default it may be something like this:

.HEADSCREENSHOT img{
	max-width:600px;
}

If the screenshot is bigger than 600px, then it will be resized to fit 600px.

Check it youself. Right click the image in your browser -> show image / show image info.

Gunther,

I have a customer using the X+ setup sheet with 2 separate users, for some reason one of the users can get the 1st setup sheet screen shot comes in with a white background, but

after that 1st setup sheet the background is blue like his mcam background.. the 2nd user has no issues, so I copied his templates over, but still keep getting the blue background.

Any ideas?

It must be something in excel program settings on two different computers. Same here, on mine is not embedding the picture, and with same template on my partner is doing it ?!?

I could not find (yet) the excel setting for that.

On 4/24/2017 at 8:15 PM, SnahOlah said:

shux! I may eventually have to move to 2018, it's still in beta I believe. I use x9 and 2017 currently. I really appreciate all the work you have done providing this as a free add on. No chance that will be added to earlier versions huh?

x+ has been around for a long time, what version you looking for?

• 2 weeks later...

Filename: setupx+_2018_en.exe
Threat name: Heur.AdvML.BFull Path: c:\users\cnc1\downloads\mcam 2018\setupx+_2018_en\setupx+_2018_en.exe

On computers as of
6/1/2017 at 7:45:52 AM

Last Used
6/1/2017 at 7:47:16 AM

Startup Item
No

Launched
No

Threat type: Heuristic Virus. Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics.

setupx+_2018_en.exe Threat name: Heur.AdvML.B
Locate

Very Few Users
Fewer than 5 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Very New
This file was released less than 1 week  ago.

High
This file risk is high.

http://gmccs.de/downloads/SetupX+_2018_en.zip
Downloaded File  from Unknown
Source: External Media

setupx+_2018_en.exe

File Actions

File: c:\users\xxx\downloads\mcam 2018\setupx+_2018_en\ setupx+_2018_en.exe Removed

File Thumbprint - SHA:
dcc1d29762d94ce2b625dce68cb68ee46eb120ec6a449f3c09a5a785e144b90d
File Thumbprint - MD5:
f40feddcecbd47cfe6f1057beaac325d

I'm not saying he did something malicious. All I'm saying is I extracted the file, opened the folder and saw one of the two files disappear. The fixture file was still there and the x+ wasn't. I can't install something that is quarantined. 

1 minute ago, mwc815 said:

I'm not saying he did something malicious. All I'm saying is I extracted the file, opened the folder and saw one of the two files disappear. The fixture file was still there and the x+ wasn't. I can't install something that is quarantined. 

Nope, that is something you will have to likely have your IT release

Here is what that means:

Heuristic Virus Definition. Antivirus programs employ heuristic analysis in order to find previously unknown computer viruses or to detect new variants of known viruses. ... The identification of new variants and their removal by using a single virus definition is known as generic detection.

They don't know the file because they are ignorant; wanting him to pay them big money to call the file good. So until about 1000 people download the file they do this to the smaller companies to extort money from them.

I have met the man personally and he is a very knowledgeable and hard working person.

• Like 1