Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Setup Sheet and Tool List - 3rd party Add-on

On 9/1/2017 at 6:57 AM, So not a Guru said:

Thanks Günther, it is fantastic of you to keep this add-on updated & improved. It is one of the best tools available for communicating between the programmers & operators/setup men.

If it ever came to the point of losing X+ or upgrading Mastercam, I would stay at the X+ capable version until I found a new software.

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

I have just updated my mastercam from ver X3 to ver 18 and what a difference it is. I had used and loved X+ in Ver X3 and want to use it in 2018 however, I can't seem to get my excel sheets to work like they do in X3 and I can't seem to figure out how to edit the templates or get my data to look like it did before. Can Anyone point me in the right direction? 

1 hour ago, volsfan said:

I have just updated my mastercam from ver X3 to ver 18 and what a difference it is. I had used and loved X+ in Ver X3 and want to use it in 2018 however, I can't seem to get my excel sheets to work like they do in X3 and I can't seem to figure out how to edit the templates or get my data to look like it did before. Can Anyone point me in the right direction? 

I've also found the Excel to be a bit complicated.  But the HTML version works beautifully!!!  I just print to PDF.  Not being able to edit my fields before printing is another way for me to make sure everything is perfect from Mcam before I release it to the world.

• Like 1

I use Excel because I edit the list after I post it. I was able to get the X3 ver working without much issue and its been so long I really can't rem how I did it and I did come here for help but I can't find my old posts but I think they had been del due to age. I need to start working with the new ver  just can't get a tool list to work that my ppl would understand easy.

Ok never mind I found my old post but It don't help. I guess to ask a ? how can I edit the Available Fields names or better yet how do I edit the Selected Fields names. In X3 I had the labels custom like instead of like "Z-Min" I have it called "Depth Of Cut" and I don't want the NC-Header showing up on the Setup Sheet. The Config files in X3 were .XSS files but still look the same as the .Template files look like when opened with notepad or any other editor. Anyone have any Ideas to point me in the right Direction?

• 4 weeks later...

So I downloaded and installed X+ on 2018 and am playing with it. But I have an issue with the add fixture stuff. I am sure it is me and has been covered somewhere but Ill ask anyway. When I try to bring in a clamp it pops up asking if I want to convert to imperial... Obviously I do But then the clamps dont land where they are suppose to be. I really dont want to convert my file to metric for this to work right. Whats the fix?

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/11/2013 at 11:10 AM, EdMed said:

Group, looking to add a title to the top of the tool list css , as well as a document title code at the bottom any idea?

My company needs this before I can release this document to the floor.

as stated I can not use this unless I can title it and put a control on it, I really like this tool and would love to implement it in our shop. If anyone knows if this is possible, please advise

On 11/14/2013 at 6:19 AM, Thad said:

Ed, you can't do what you want by editing the CSS. You want to add content, not pretty-ness. HTML is content and CSS is pretty-ness. The setup sheet chook creates the HTML for you so you're pretty much stuck with what it outputs unless you want to add code to it for every setup sheet that you create. You'll have to decide if that's feasible or not depending on how many sheets you make during the day. You could have some standard code that you copy and paste into your HTML, along with editing your CSS file to style that code.

My reply above is no longer accurate. New content CAN be added to the setup sheet via the Javascript file that is now included. I'm currently working on adding a document number to the bottom of a setup sheet.

11 minutes ago, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

Yes, that was my idea...giving the advanced users full access to the HTML document. The include of the script file is the backdoor😎 ...no limits😉

Love it! :thumbsup:  Thanks Günther. I saw the .js file in there quite a while ago, but just didn't realize at the time the power that it unleashed.