Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Setup Sheet and Tool List - 3rd party Add-on

If I may ask a dumb question here. How do you use this add on? I d/loaded it for my X4 but the install was in German. Not sure where to start.

Add the X+ Toolbar, then you will have icons for the Tool list and setup sheet. As far as the lang., there is a lang.dll if I remember correct.

Search the forum and you will find lots of info on this.

I may have found a solution to saving the settings for Windows 7 users. Go to -Control Panel- and type in "Action Center" in the search window in the upper right hand corner, select "ACTION CENTER" in the main window, click on "Change User Account Control settings" on the far left, drag the slider to the bottom. I was suddenly able to save my setup sheet settings and I have a hunch that the procedure mentioned above did the trick. Give it a shot and let us all know. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'll look into this.

Looks like it is a Win7 issue, because the settings stick on my "old" Vista. :mellow:

@Supercar 2006

Not all files. Don't copy the DLLs.

I believe this is because Win7 doesn't allow the user to make any changes to files in the 'program files' directory. Is there a way to open the default layout of the tool list, modify it, save it in the documents folder, then replace it in the X+ directory in program files/mcamx5/chooks/x+? I assume the file that controls the tool list layout is tlist.css?

This should work:

1. Move the X+ folder to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx5\"

2. Open "X+.ft" with a text editor (the file is located in the chook folder)

3. replace all "chook\X+" paths with "C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx5\X+"

It should look like this:

APPLICATION "TList"

FUNC_DLL "C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx5\X+\tlist.dll"

RES_DLL "C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx5\X+\lang.dll"

CATEGORY "X+"

FUNCTION CPP "m_main"

SBMP 18002

LBMP 18003

TIP 1

END_FUNCTION