Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Setup Sheet and Tool List - 3rd party Add-on

we are currently using x5. I have't changed the location of the logo. It is still saved locally on my computer. If I save the mastercam file to my computer and run the tool list, it works fine. I cant have the mastercam files saved to the server or the tool list wont show my screen shot or my logo.

Hey Gunther,

We currently use the tool list, but now we installed a server. When I use the tool list I dont get any picture to show up, my screen shot nor my logo show up. If I use the set-up sheet I get the pictures which is fine to use but then it shows the tool for each operation. Can I change it to only show each tool once like the tool list does? Or is there a way to get my pictures back for the tool list now that I ain't saving the files locally? Any help is greatly appeciated!!

Thanks,

Mark W

Try saving the tool list, close then reopen the saved tool list. This has worked for me in X5 and others for getting the icons to show up.

Fixed.

Thanks Günther!

It seems with this change we lost the ability to grab the Tool Path Group Comment. Before it output under "Machine Group". Attached is a picture. The Black box is outputting now as "Machine Group" which is great. Can we also have one that outputs "Tool Path Group" (Red Box)?

Thanks for all your work!

Josh-

Gunther and Others,

I've tried to install X+ for X5 today. I'm using X5 MU1. When I click on the X+ toolbar in the Mcam user interface I get just a tiny little bar in the Toolbar area. I couldn't see it at first so I thought nothing was happening. When I drag this tiny bar into the main viewing area of Mcam X5 I see the beginning of a toolbar as if there was only one function in it. I can't expand this toolbar however. I'm using Win 7. When I installed X+ it gave me a message box about a missing Logo file and one other file. I selected "Ignore" for both files and it completed installing. I hope this makes sense because I can't include an image. TIA. Cheers.

Thanks Günther!

It seems with this change we lost the ability to grab the Tool Path Group Comment. Before it output under "Machine Group". Attached is a picture. The Black box is outputting now as "Machine Group" which is great. Can we also have one that outputs "Tool Path Group" (Red Box)?

Thanks for all your work!

Josh-

Yes, that was a bug.

Toolpath group comment has to appear in the content of the table, because you may have many toolpath groups.

I forgot to attach the picture.... Can you add back the "bug" that outputs the tool path group comment that is the active group? Before it would output the group that contained the red arrow. I always have a tool path group that tells me the Op# and Program name. I might program 7 different Op's in one machine and post all at once.

See attached pic. Please :)

post-12774-0-08291600-1332879884_thumb.png

If you are familar with java script, you may link a script file to your HTML document.

Just copy your script file to the "...\shared mcamx6\X+" folder.

It has to be the same name like your template.

For example.: "...\shared mcamx6\X+\default_xss.js".

The script will then be linked into the HTML document.

For example check the templates groupname.xss or javascript.xss, which are part of the X+ installation.

With scripts you have huge power of the HTML document. You can even link to a data base.