Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Setup Sheet and Tool List - 3rd party Add-on

• 2 weeks later...

How do I edit the column names? I use a lot of the colums and I think I could save space by shortening the column names!

IIRC, the column names are output in the html. That means that you'd have to manually edit the html file for every sheet...not very practical.

I think there's a javascript file attached to the html setup sheet. I don't remember for sure since I haven't used it in so long. Anyway, if you, or anyone else knows javascript, you could do a little search and replace mojo on it. That would be pretty easy. Unfortunately, I'm short on time these days or I'd do it for you.

Last option that I can think of is to use a (free) program like Resource Hacker to edit the column names. I'm not sure what the author of X+ thinks of that though.

Thad

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All, 2 weeks new to mastercam and Ive been asked to get a set up sheet for the floor to start using, generally all tools and inst.. where in the program header. Tried the set up supplied in mastercam but it prints a book. I see alot of talk about the x+ set up sheet, I downloaded and installed, but I am not seeing anything after that. anyone got a x+ for dummies instruction?

why can I not find the maketool bar.exe file in x+, I have downloaded/ opened x+.ft folder and corrected path opened mastercam and did not see the tool bar add in, looking back into old post I noticed a user mentioned a maketoolbar.exe file But i cant seem to locate? any help would be great, Im a newbie to mastercam. Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble installing X+ for X7. I am getting an error message when the installer tries to write files.

The Error Message is:

"Error opening file for writing:

\chooks\X+\lang.dll"

If I press 'Ignore' I keep getting an error message for each .dll file.The installer won't write any of the .dll files that are supposed to be in the chooks\X+ folder and the file X+.ft (which it tries to put directly in the chooks folder). However when it moves to the C:\User\Public\Documents\X+ directory, it writes all those file with no issue.

We are used to encountering problems with the X+ installer on our PC's at work because they have tight permissions. Yet we found a work around by installing X+ on my laptop and transferring the files to the other PC's and renaming some directories in the files. This worked great for X+ on X6 yet I can't get it to work for the X7 version of X+.

I have tried many different methods with the installer and have given up. My laptop and the PC's at work use Win 7, but I even setup a virtual machine with Win XP to try and get the installer to output the files. Has anyone had trouble like this? Is there anyone willing to zip up the files in the \chooks\X+\ directory and the X+.ft file to send to me?

shut down MC before installing

I have tried with MC not running. I have even tried on a Virtual Machine with no MC installed and manually created paths. I am speculating that part of them problem is when the installer tries to save files in the 'chooks' folder it does not have full path directory with the drive letter. Yet when the installer saves files into the 'documents' directory is has the full path with drive letter and this part of the install works perfect. However the installer is working for others so I'm wondering why I can't get it to.

I know I could get it working if someone was willing to zip up the files in the \chooks\X+\ directory and the X+.ft file to send to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all ! Hopefully I'm missing something simple here....

I just downloaded the X+ for X7 and can't get the HTML sheet to work. I've created the X+ toolbar , Run the setup sheet from there , set all of the "NC-Headers" & "Fields" that I want to see , and saved the config... When I click the green check mark to create the sheet , nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Win7 Ultimate

Dell Precision T5600

Mcam7 SP2 (mill , multi-axis)

:cheers:

I know I could get it working if someone was willing to zip up the files in the \chooks\X+\ directory and the X+.ft file to send to me.

I think that an email might have helped you here. Got to tell your IT person to install it for you and that should take care of your issue. I would look to the new setup sheet process it is quite robust.

I think that an email might have helped you here. Got to tell your IT person to install it for you and that should take care of your issue.

I have tried using IT but they have had no luck. I was the person to get it working when we had trouble with installing X+ for X6, but for some reason this latest version have me hell. Yes posting my email probably might have helped lol. my email address is my forum username with @gmail.com after it

I would look to the new setup sheet process it is quite robust.

Are you referring to the new setup sheets built into Mastercam X7? We have thought about switching to using those instead of X+ setup sheets. I will talk to our CAM supplier about getting some training on the new features of X7.

• 2 weeks later...

Group, looking to add a title to the top of the tool list css , as well as a document title code at the bottom any idea?

My company needs this before I can release this document to the floor.

I am currenty still in x6, and use the tool list for x+. Ive included my current css. Thanks Ed

as stated I can not use this unless I can title it and put a control on it, I really like this tool and would love to implement it in our shop. If anyone knows if this is possible, please advise

default_tl.css

Ed, you can't do what you want by editing the CSS. You want to add content, not pretty-ness. HTML is content and CSS is pretty-ness. The setup sheet chook creates the HTML for you so you're pretty much stuck with what it outputs unless you want to add code to it for every setup sheet that you create. You'll have to decide if that's feasible or not depending on how many sheets you make during the day. You could have some standard code that you copy and paste into your HTML, along with editing your CSS file to style that code.

OK Thad, I'm following you, So I would have to decompile the dll to edit it in a c++ style, A bite above my head.

Unfortunately my company is driven with a policy that every work instruction needs a title and page reference.

I do Like the Tool list function in X+, spits out just the important information we need on a single sheet. Hmmm what to do from here.

Anyway I do appreciate the response, gave me a little more information. Thanks Ed

So I would have to decompile the dll to edit it in a c++ style

No decompiling required. HTML and CSS are both text files and can be opened/edited in a text editor. Use Notepad, not Word. Take a look at them and see what you think. You just have to know HTML and CSS to do anything with it.

Thad

Ed,

If you don't mind, could you email me a copy of one of your tool lists? I haven't used a setup sheet in almost a year and I've never used the tool list portion of X+. I'd like to take a look at the code.

After creating the tool list, in your browser window, File-Save Page As and make sure the "web page complete" (that's what Firefox says) option is selected. Then zip up the files that it saves and email them to me. My email should be available in my profile.

Thad