Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Setup Sheet and Tool List - 3rd party Add-on

John,

I've found that reducing the size of the graphics window in Mastercam also reduces the size of the screen capture. Sometimes I need to shrink it to a third of the normal size to get correct size & placement on the tool list.

It would be really nice to be able to specify this in the css...along with alternate colored backgrounds for the tool list like before! ;%29.gif

John

You can add the following lines to the css to set the screen capture size to a maximum size of 320 pixels (or any other size).

.HEADSCREENSHOT img{

max-height: 320px;

max-width: 320px;

}

You can add the following lines to the css to set the screen capture size to a maximum size of 320 pixels (or any other size).

.HEADSCREENSHOT img{

max-height: 320px;

max-width: 320px;

}

That sure makes things easier...thanks Günther! :thumbsup:

What about alternating background color for the tool rows, is that possible?

Should I be able to take my jp.tl and jp.css and copy it to another computer?

I thought I might but I am getting an error when trying to launch it on the copied "to" computer

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Basically , the file it is attempting to access has a (a word I've never seen before) without a name after its end.

That's what it said. Maybe a wrong file extension or if there's a file extension listed in the file that is wrong. I guess Those two years of french do come in handy from time to time.

Finchier... :headscratch:

Have anyone else had problems copying the css and xss file from X5 to X6? It worked fine from X4 to X5, but now i get an error when X+ is trying to read the files.

Error message "Attempted to access an unnamed file past its end."

Anyone find an answer to this??

I'm getting the exact same message.

Thanks.

X+ for X6 is on the way.

But since X6 is available as 64Bit version, I decided to convert X+ from Masm32 to VC++.

That makes it easer to maintain both versions (32Bit and 64Bit).

I've started with the Setupsheet. The "tool list" and the "toolpath sketcher" will follow.

hi a question how can i change the logo in x+ for x6 , x5 was easy ,but in x6 is been really hard, thanks

I'm using the latest version of X+. I use Z-Max and Z-Min to help the operator determine the tool length needed for the program. In X2, and even X5 it appears, the Z-Max value is the absolute Z value of the feed plane. For example, if the top of my part is Z0 and I cut from Z0 to Z-.5, the Z-Max value is Z.1. What I'm seeing in the latest version is that the Z-Max value is using the clearance plane. Is this a bug? Z-Max and Initial Height output the same thing except Initial Height has the (abs) by it.

I've tried using Top of Stock and Feed Plane, but none of them give me what I'm looking for. I'm looking for absolute values of where the toolpath starts and where it ends. Will one of the options give me that?

On another note, I have a suggestion. I suggest that only absolute values are used in all fields and eliminate the (abs) or (inc). I don't see how incremental values such as 0 are of any use to anyone. Incremental values are based on the Z level at which the geometry resides. That's totally irrelevant to the operator who uses the setup sheet. Gunther, please take this constructively as it is intended. :)

Thad

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm using the css/html version of the setup sheet and when loading a previously saved configuration, the first preview in the browser is not properly formatted.

Correct formatting returns on subsequent views...at which point the "default_tl.tl" is overwritten with my saved configuration info.

Anyone else having trouble saving & re-loading with proper formatting?

Thanks,

John

I'm using the css/html version of the setup sheet and when loading a previously saved configuration, the first preview in the browser is not properly formatted.

Correct formatting returns on subsequent views...at which point the "default_tl.tl" is overwritten with my saved configuration info.

Anyone else having trouble saving & re-loading with proper formatting?

John,

So you create the sheet and it isn't displayed properly, then you refresh the page and it appears like it should?

What exactly do you mean that it doesn't have proper formatting? Can you give us a screenshot? It kinda sounds like the CSS isn't being read, but I'd have to see it to say for sure.

Thad

Here's my steps and screen shots:

1 - Load saved configuration:

post-13198-0-07394200-1350912875_thumb.jpg

2 - View report 1st time NO formatting:

post-13198-0-95000800-1350912885_thumb.jpg

3 - Re-launch X+ - 'default_tl.tl' now overwritten with my SAVED config info:

post-13198-0-95368300-1350912900_thumb.jpg

4 - View report 2nd time - now has proper formatting:

post-13198-0-41830100-1350919479_thumb.jpg

So what am I doing wrong???

Thanks,

John

post-13198-0-07394200-1350912875_thumb.jpg

post-13198-0-95000800-1350912885_thumb.jpg

post-13198-0-95368300-1350912900_thumb.jpg

post-13198-0-41830100-1350919479_thumb.jpg

Just noticed that if I click on the CSS button after loading one of my saved configs, it give me an error message:

Cannot find the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\X+\<<<My Saved Config Name Here>>>.css file.

Do you want to create a new file?

So...it appears that when click the Save button, only the .tl file is created and not the related .css file.

This is why the second viewing works...default_tl.tl is overwritten with the saved config data and the default_tl.css file already exists.

Or I could be completely wrong!

John