Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Setup Sheet and Tool List - 3rd party Add-on

The css file is already created and it exists in your X+ folder. When you create a sheet, if you open it in notepad, you'll see toward the top a line that looks something like this: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="file:X+/default_xss.css">. This is for a setup sheet so it may look a little different. That's the path the html file is looking to to find the css file. You're losing the path to it somehow which is why there is no formatting to your tool list. FYI, the html is the structure, or content layer and the css is the presentation layer. That's how webpages work.

Do you have different config files saved for different machines or something? If not, I would recommend that you save your config settings as the default settings so you don't have to load anything when you start. I don't use the tool list but i use the setup sheet this way. Save a copy of the original if you'd like, but I don't see a need for it. Give that a try and we'll go from there. That may fix some or all of your problem.

Thad

Thanks for your help Thad.

I now know the reason I'm having this issue...

I print the tool list to a PDF from my browser. I then save both the PDF and .tl file in the part folder on our server...but I'm not saving the html file. I save the .tl file for future use should changes need to be made and the list regenerated, it contains all my added notes. As I stated in my previous post, after I load the saved settings the second viewing overwrites the "default" and it displays correctly.

John

Once you create the sheet/list, in your browser -->File-Save page as and save it to wherever you'd like. It will save a copy of the css in a folder something like "setup1_files" and it will map the path in the html file correctly so that it knows where it is. Then, even if you move just the html file to another location, the folder containing the css will go along for the ride automatically. Also, if you delete the html file, the accompanying folder will be deleted too. After it's saved, you can print to PDF.

Two things to remember...Make sure you name it correctly the first time. Once the file is saved, everything is mapped according to those names. If you rename the accompanying folder, you'll break the path and lose your formatting. The other thing is that the original sheet/list is still saved in the X+ folder (C:\Users\Public\.....\X+). Those will accumulate over time so you'll want to clean them out every so often.

Thad

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

We were trying to install the X+ to the X6MU2 but is show error "Error opening files for writting"

2 PC with Win 7 32bits and 64 bits is having error

others Win 7 PC are running fine

Wonder have anyone encounter the same experience.

Thank you

Chiang C H

We are having the same issue. Has anyone found a way to get it installed?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How can you edit how X+ outputs the tooling data to Excel? I would like to put a space between my different program tool lists and also shade the space?

I am using X+ for Mastercam X3. I have looked at the Excel template and the macros and I can see to find a way to edit the DLL.

Thanks,

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if this forum is still active but I'm still trying to find a way to put a space in between my different groups or sub groups. I post my tool lists in excel and I can edit and put them there but its a real pain to do with as many programs I write in a day. I would love to be able to have it put a space between each group then a auto text description of what each program does because that description dont change much for some programs. anyone willing to shed some light on how to get this dun??

Thanks,

Brian

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

1. Move the X+ folder to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx5\"

2. Open "X+.ft" with a text editor (the file is located in the chook folder)

3. replace all "chook\X+" paths with "C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx5\X+"

It should look like this:

APPLICATION "TList"

FUNC_DLL "C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx5\X+\tlist.dll"

RES_DLL "C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared mcamx5\X+\lang.dll"

CATEGORY "X+"

FUNCTION CPP "m_main"

SBMP 18002

LBMP 18003

TIP 1

END_FUNCTION

Please help,

I really appreciate this tool and have used it on x4 I have read and executed the afore mentioned instructions, and I must be missing something because it is not working.

the only thing different for mcam6

FUNC_DLL "C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\shared mcamx6\X+\tlist.dll"

RES_DLL "C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\shared mcamx6\X+\lang.dll"

I have a fresh install of x6 and have spent the good part of a day trying to get this awesome tool to work.

I can't find the toolbar to launch X+.

I moved the x+ launcher to a temp folder and executed from there.

and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

You don't move it between versions,

you need to download and install the correct version for the Mastercam version that you are running

Look in the "Important Topics" theead pinned to the top, you'll find the link in there to the download page

John, I wasn't moving it between versions.

I'm transitioning from x4 to x6. I had no problems with x+ for x4.

I saw modifications to the x+.ft file that have to be made for x5.

are the similar changes required for x6?

Thank you for your help I believe I had the X+ for x6.

I could not find "how to install instructions for x6"

do you have to modify the x+.ft file?

when I try to load the x+ tool bar it is not there.

sorry for the communication error on my part.

Thank you again.

Still can't get my logo to work.. Here is my code. What do I have wrong??

Thanks

/* company logo <div> - location and size of image*/

.LOGO{

position:relative;

/* size of your logo */

width:222px;

height:84px;

/* position of your logo */

left322px;

top:108px;

/* location of your logo */

/* local */

background-image:url(file:///C:/Users/ACCELTOOL/Documents/my mcamx6/acceltoollogo for quickbooks.png);

/* internet */

/* background-image:url(file:C:\Users\ACCELTOOL\Documents\my mcamx6\acceltoollogo for quickbooks.png); */

background-repeat:no-repeat;

background-position:0px 0px;

z-index:1;

float:right;

}

/* company logo <div> - location and size of image*/

.LOGO img

{

border:none;

}

/* header container <div> - size and position */

.HEADINFOTEXT{

position:absolute;

max-width:500px;

top:100px;

right:10px;

background-color:white;

}

/* local */

background-image:url(file:///C:/Users/ACCELTOOL/Documents/my mcamx6/acceltoollogo for quickbooks.png);

}

Mickey,

I would start by removing the "file:///" from the path. Inside the parentheses should only contain the path. It should look like this.

background-image:url(C:/Users/ACCELTOOL/Documents/my mcamx6/acceltoollogo for quickbooks.png);

Thad

Would there be a way to move the screen cap to a 2nd page? I am thinking this would allow a larger cap without truncating any of the header info.

cadman,

There doesn't seem to be a way to do it automatically, though if you know HTML/CSS, you can pretty much do whatever you want. ;) You could probably come up with some code that you could copy and paste in to each sheet to do it, though if you typically make a lot of setup sheets a day, it may not be worth it. One or two setup sheets a day wouldn't make it seem so cumbersome.

Thad