Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Setup Sheet and Tool List - 3rd party Add-on

I don't want the files in your install folder.

After you create a setup sheet and it's on your screen, in your browser, File-Save page as (make sure web page complete is the "type") and save it somewhere. That should save a .html file and a folder called "?something?_files." Zip that .html file and files folder and email it to me.

Thad

This is mine that works.

/* company logo <div> - location and size of image*/
.LOGO{
position:relative;

/* size of your logo */
width:100px;
height:100px;
/* position of your logo */
left:8px;
top:8px;
/* location of your logo */
/* local */
background-image: url(file:///C:/logo.png);
/* internet */
/* background-image:url(http://porterpunch.com/images/logo.png); */

background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:0px 0px;
z-index:1;

When I got my Win 7 PC I banged my head against the wall for quite a while till I found out I had to re-size the image down as the size CSS statements were cropping the upper right corner of the picture instead of scaling it down. at least that's what I think was happening as I was using the CSS that worked on my old XP box.

Mickey,

I found an extra slash at the beginning of the .css file. I'm not sure if you originally sent it that way or if I mistakenly added it in when messing around. Anyway, I removed that, un-commented out the internet image link and all is well. You'll need to adjust the top and right numbers in the "position of your logo" section to get it where you want it. I've attached the new .css file.

Thad

default_xss.css

Always glad to help. I just don't have as much time as I used to.

I'm not sure how black and white would be possible. How about wireframe instead? Maybe turn off your shading if it's a solid, or only show wireframe when making the screen shot?

• Like 1

Mickey,

I don’t really think that’s feasible. You’re dealing with a web page, not a piece of paper. A web page doesn’t really have a “bottom” to it since the page will keep on scrolling until there is no more content. It’s the amount of content that controls where the bottom is. A setup sheet with 5 operations will have a different bottom than a sheet with 60.

I suppose the closest thing you could do is set a fixed height to the content class in the .css file, which is considered bad practice, but if it works for you that’s all that really matters. You would have to set the height to accommodate the most operations you anticipate in a single setup. If you had way less ops than that on a particular setup, there would be a huge blank space in the middle of your sheet. If you ended up with more ops than you anticipated, those ops would be cropped off the bottom of the page. That’s why fixed heights are a bad idea.

Having the same problem as Fretless, downloaded X+ for X6, tried moving the install to different folders and modifying the .ft file. Tool bar does not show up and is not under Toolbar States. Can run it as a CHook but no toolbar :( . Had X+ working with x3, x4, and x5, Big fan of X+!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Make sure Mastercam is closed when you install X+

2. You need to have the privileges to install software (Admin)

The toolbar needs to be added manualy. Customize toolbars -> Category X+.

Mr. Massimo,

Do you know of anything that can prevent the ability to see the X+ toolbar in the settings\customize\toolbar list?

I am loading X+ for X6 on a coworkers computer that has win 7.

I have opened the X+ft file, modified and saved as X+.ft with the correct path.

I can run X+ from the alt+c.

I have read the all the posts on this topic. It is working on my computer,

I just don't understand why it is not working on his.

I love this tool!

Thank you in advance