Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ Setup Sheet and Tool List - 3rd party Add-on

Gunther normally has it within a month of two of each release. He offers for free so everyone will hopefully be patience for it when X9 is released.

It is a very useful tool to have.  I never realized how much I used it until I started using X9 which, obviously doesn't have it yet.  I miss the setup sheets the most.  I will be waiting patiently until X9's release.

I recently  loaded x plus for our set-up sheets on a new computer and i am having issues with using our old excel.xlt file that had macro's. Previous installs I've been able to replace the default one with ours now it seems  to create a new excel file every time without macros.   I'm kind of learning all of this on the fly so any help would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have an english translation of the Excel template?

I've been using the html version but its pretty limited on formatting, and looking at the excel template, it looks way easier to customize and actually add content such as form numbers etc.. 

My only problem is that all the instructions in the VB script are German and I dont really know VB well enough to know what I'm looking at, but if the instruction comments were in english then at least I'd be able to make sense of it.

• 3 months later...

I Installed X+ for X9 with no issues other than when saving as an Excel format. I can save the file fine. When my operator opens it from another computer the image is not available. I did not have this problem with X+ for X8. I have tried deleting all X+ and re-installing multiple times with the same result. Any ideas why this would happen? I would appreciate the help.

• 1 month later...

I've recently upgrade one of our users on the Shop floor to Windows 10 x64.  I was able to install MasterCAM X6 (It will be rolled out as soon as training for X9 is complete) and X+ for MasterCAM X6 with no issues at all.  Software works great.  MasterCAM X9 installed flawlessly and works great.  But when I go to install X+ for MasterCAM X9 (As Administrator, with MasterCAM shutdown, after 2 reboots) on Windows 10 I get an Error.

Error opening file for writing:

\chooks\X+\lang.dll

Click Abort to stop the installation,
Retry to try again, or
Ignore to skip this file

If I hit Ignore the error just moves on to SetupSheel.dll.

I've seen this error in this thread on page 20 or 21, but there was no resolution beyond "Install as administrator" and "close masterCAM".  I understand I'm running Windows 10 which is a fairly new OS and the author of X+ may not have account for that in his install yet.  If X+ is not yet supported in Windows 10, is there a workaround to get it running?

Thanks

-Craig

I Installed X+ for X9 with no issues other than when saving as an Excel format. I can save the file fine. When my operator opens it from another computer the image is not available. I did not have this problem with X+ for X8. I have tried deleting all X+ and re-installing multiple times with the same result. Any ideas why this would happen? I would appreciate the help.

Same here, does anybody knows how to "embed" the picture in the excel file (as opposed to "linked" that I think is now). Maybe Master Gunther will help us ?

I've recently upgrade one of our users on the Shop floor to Windows 10 x64.  I was able to install MasterCAM X6 (It will be rolled out as soon as training for X9 is complete) and X+ for MasterCAM X6 with no issues at all.  Software works great.  MasterCAM X9 installed flawlessly and works great.  But when I go to install X+ for MasterCAM X9 (As Administrator, with MasterCAM shutdown, after 2 reboots) on Windows 10 I get an Error.

\chooks\X+\lang.dll

Retry to try again, or
Ignore to skip this file

I've seen this error in this thread on page 20 or 21, but there was no resolution beyond "Install as administrator" and "close masterCAM".  I understand I'm running Windows 10 which is a fairly new OS and the author of X+ may not have account for that in his install yet.  If X+ is not yet supported in Windows 10, is there a workaround to get it running?

Thanks

-Craig

I had a similar issue...problem was I installed X9 but didn't start and exit it before trying to install X+ so some of the folders X+ needed weren't created yet.

John

• 2 months later...

\chooks\X+\lang.dll

Retry to try again, or

Ignore to skip this file

Thanks

-Craig

You need to have proper admin rights. You may think you have...but you havn't :question:

Open "Command Prompt (Admin)" by right clicking the windows start button.

Enter "net user administrator /active:yes"

Retry installation of X+

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I Recently set up a new pc, win7 x64. Have Mcam X6 and X9 installed. The Mcam X6 x+ html setup sheet saves to the mastercam part file folder on the server, while the Mcam X9 x+ setup sheet saves to the x+/reports folder on the C drive. How can I change the save location for the X9 version to the job folder? The job folder being different for each mastercam file.

thanks, Mike

• 3 months later...

I just upgraded to X9 and I have a glitch in X+. I use a screen shot for my setup sheet and now I am getting a screen shot with the dark graphics background unless I shrink the image more than is useful. Larger images are also truncated if displayed too large. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to add a row (or 2) to the NC-Header table ? HTML sheet... X9

Sorry if this was covered previously...I tried a search but no luck.

Thanks,

Chris

If you type in what you want in the field, instead of using the drop down menu, that will become the display for that field. We've changed the last 3 fields to suit our needs.

If you type in what you want in the field, instead of using the drop down menu, that will become the display for that field. We've changed the last 3 fields to suit our needs.attachicon.gifScreenshot.JPG

Thanks , I know that can be done , but I was wondering if there's a way to add a 9th or 10th row to the table itself ?

• Like 1

Thanks , I know that can be done , but I was wondering if there's a way to add a 9th or 10th row to the table itself ?

You can add them after you create the setup sheet, if you know HTML. It's pretty easy, you just have to be careful what you copy and paste, then edit. To do it for every setup sheet you make would be cumbersome, but not impossible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...